When did blatant lying become acceptable?
(05-17-2019, 08:43 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:26 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:16 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:12 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 07:42 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: That isn’t the point and I have already acknowledged all politicians lie. The point is blatant lying is now accepted and unquestioned by mainstream media daily. Batting facts away or just ignoring seems endemic in our society, as is very a worrying trend of anti-education and celebration of ignorance. It just so happens that three of the biggest culprits and drivers of this are Boris, Farage and Trump. 

I despair at this country currently.

Three of the biggest culprits are Boris, Farage and Trump. No mention of any Labour Mps at all.
And they talk about the BBC showing political bias.

Please put your own bullshitters comparable to those I put then.

When anyone criticises Pulis on the main board you always come back with a defence of him in the interests of 'balance'. 
Just trying to do the  same here son. Just trying to do the same here.

I also come back with facts and my own opinions and argue my point. Im going to take it you can’t give any examples, unless you can? Wink 

Pulis left over a fair while ago now don’t you? I barely mention him it’s those pathologically disposed to hate him who can’t let it go. Check out how many posts are made about him and who makes them.

Now. Now Derek. Take care your blood pressure could get dangerously high.
(05-17-2019, 08:46 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:12 PM)GMBaggie Wrote: Three of the biggest culprits are Boris, Farage and Trump. No mention of any Labour Mps at all.

When anyone criticises Pulis on the main board you always come back with a defence of him in the interests of 'balance'. 

I also come back with facts and my own opinions and argue my point. Im going to take it you can’t give any examples, unless you can? Wink 

Pulis left over a fair while ago now don’t you? I barely mention him it’s those pathologically disposed to hate him who can’t let it go. Check out how many posts are made about him and who makes them.

That’ll be a no then.  Big Grin
(05-17-2019, 08:49 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:46 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:16 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Please put your own bullshitters comparable to those I put then.

That’ll be a no then.  Big Grin
Do you think Corbyn and O'Connell don't lie?
(05-17-2019, 07:42 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 12:34 PM)The liquidator Wrote: All Mps are bullshitters nothing between them pointing out people you don't like is a narrative you can put up with other bullshitters .there is nothing between them they all piss in the same pot ......wankers the lot of them .

That isn’t the point and I have already acknowledged all politicians lie. The point is blatant lying is now accepted and unquestioned by mainstream media daily. Batting facts away or just ignoring seems endemic in our society, as is very a worrying trend of anti-education and celebration of ignorance. It just so happens that three of the biggest culprits and drivers of this are Boris, Farage and Trump. 

Three of the biggest culprits are Boris, Farage and Trump. No mention of any Labour Mps at all.

Corbyn, Abbott, Blair, Clegg.
(05-18-2019, 07:17 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 07:42 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 12:34 PM)The liquidator Wrote: All Mps are bullshitters nothing between them pointing out people you don't like is a narrative you can put up with other bullshitters .there is nothing between them they all piss in the same pot ......wankers the lot of them .

That isn’t the point and I have already acknowledged all politicians lie. The point is blatant lying is now accepted and unquestioned by mainstream media daily. Batting facts away or just ignoring seems endemic in our society, as is very a worrying trend of anti-education and celebration of ignorance. It just so happens that three of the biggest culprits and drivers of this are Boris, Farage and Trump. 

Corbyn and Abbot are consistent in their views they may well be incompetent and hypocritical at times but to put them in the same class as Farage, Johnson and ffs Trump is pushing the credibility button to the extreme. Blair definitely fits the bill Clegg just jumped into bed with a bunch of wankers.
(05-18-2019, 09:04 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 07:42 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: That isn’t the point and I have already acknowledged all politicians lie. The point is blatant lying is now accepted and unquestioned by mainstream media daily. Batting facts away or just ignoring seems endemic in our society, as is very a worrying trend of anti-education and celebration of ignorance. It just so happens that three of the biggest culprits and drivers of this are Boris, Farage and Trump. 

Corbyn and Abbot are consistent in their views they may well be incompetent and hypocritical at times but to put them in the same class as Farage, Johnson and ffs Trump is pushing the credibility button to the extreme. Blair definitely fits the bill Clegg just jumped into bed with a bunch of wankers.

So they don't lie then.
(05-18-2019, 04:53 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:12 PM)GMBaggie Wrote: Three of the biggest culprits are Boris, Farage and Trump. No mention of any Labour Mps at all.

So they don't lie then.

You must have missed the bit in my first post where I said all politicians do. There degrees of bareface buklshittery and those idiots that lap it up and my list is pretty damn good in that respect.
.....and for your 1000th post?
(05-18-2019, 05:02 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 04:53 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 08:16 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Please put your own bullshitters comparable to those I put then.

So they don't lie then.

You must have missed the bit in my first post where I said all politicians do. There degrees of bareface buklshittery and those idiots that lap it up and my list is pretty damn good in that respect.

So lying is acceptable but blatant lying isn't?
It gets fucking impossible to have any discussion on here at time because it's so partisan. Dekka makes a solid point about the absolute bullshit that spews out of Farage's gob every time he opens it, and the response tries to justify the lying by saying your side lies as well - it's all fucking wrong and the response is typical of the modern day voter. I can understand, obviously, defending the Albion even when they are bad when talking with other fans, but that shouldn't transfer over to politics when talking about the best way forward for the friggin country.

Lets keep this simple and start with one - Farage is a cunt of the highest order who just bullshits his way through life. He couldn't hold together and control his own party yet he thinks he could have got a better deal than May. And despite him having no answer to how things would work on WTO terms, he pushes it like it's magic beans. And justifies it with 'there are dozens of countries lining up to sign a trade deal with us' - no detail behind that an d no mention of them realising they can wade in and rape us for a deal that would suit them.