Brunt and Morrison
Brunt - Out of contract. Is he offered a new deal?

Morrison - 12 months remaining on his deal.

Where do we go from here on these two players who have been integral to Albion?
Pay your debt Ziz!
Need to move on from both IMO.
We should have about 2 years ago.

There's a case Brunt stays for another 12 months but in no way should he be an important part of the team.
Morrison has by and large been useless to us for the last 2 years so I'd definitely move on for him.

We've been sentimental for too long as a club. It needs something fresh
Morrison has a 12 month option in his favour. Not sure on the qualifying criteria, though.
(05-16-2019, 11:48 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Morrison has a 12 month option in his favour. Not sure on the qualifying criteria, though.

He’s featured in 24 games mate. I think he’s done enough.
I can see why we took the gamble on Morrison. He offers qualities very few others in this league possess and if he'd played a large chunk of the games I think we'd have been closer to automatic. It hasn't worked out this season and has been stop/start fitness wise, but I wouldn't criticise the club for the gamble.

Brunt still offers a lot. If we can unearth a Mulumbu/McGinn type of energetic midfielder, there's no reason why Brunt can't have a big role to play. He could slot into Villa's midfield with Grealish and McGinn and look different class in the championship. What we can't do is keep a totally one paced midfield.
(05-16-2019, 11:57 AM)Albion Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 11:48 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Morrison has a 12 month option in his favour. Not sure on the qualifying criteria, though.

I'd keep Brunt fro another season personally, but think Jimmy will be on his way. He was giving a wave to all corners of the ground after Tuesday's game.

i don't doubt your stats, but I find that number of games surprising.
(05-16-2019, 11:47 AM)Duffers Wrote: Pay your debt Ziz!

[Image: water-off-a-ducks-back-stock-image-147849.jpg]
(05-16-2019, 12:07 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

i don't doubt your stats, but I find that number of games surprising.
https://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe...r_id=37536