Libraries
Today, is the first time I have been in a Library (local community/council) with any intention, for well over 24 or so years. (Had to wrack me brain it were back in Uni days)

How amazingly wonderous! Now this is a small community Library, they had loads of computers, tablets, an automated book checking out system, you can borrow MP3/MP4 audio books, there was a kiddies learning area, adult study area - it goes on!

How frickin brilliant, I thought! What a complete change in the X amount of years since I'd last been.

SausEgg Jnr is gonna love it!
Not been in a library since I don't know when, anything I want to look up I just go online.

I do still think libraries are a good thing, but don't k ow anyone that uses them.
(04-18-2024, 11:31 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Today, is the first time I have been in a Library (local community/council) with any intention, for well over 24 or so years. (Had to wrack me brain it were back in Uni days)

How amazingly wonderous! Now this is a small community Library, they had loads of computers, tablets, an automated book checking out system, you can borrow MP3/MP4 audio books, there was a kiddies learning area, adult study area - it goes on!

How frickin brilliant, I thought! What a complete change in the X amount of years since I'd last been.

Can you catch Covid from books?
(04-18-2024, 12:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 11:31 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Today, is the first time I have been in a Library (local community/council) with any intention, for well over 24 or so years. (Had to wrack me brain it were back in Uni days)

Just knowledge and ideas...
(04-18-2024, 12:13 PM)MrBater Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 12:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

What kind of ideas, MrBater, and what kind of books?  Big Grin
(04-18-2024, 12:15 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

My last finished book was secrets of leadership from those SAS bods off the TV, had some good suggestions in IT for handling different work type scenarios.

Any 'other' ideas probably come from the net, sticky pages would be a killer for any library's budget I suspect ?!!! Big Grin Big Grin
[Image: the_fast_show_brilliant.jpg]
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(04-18-2024, 12:18 PM)MrBater Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 12:15 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

My last finished book was secrets of leadership from those SAS bods off the TV, had some good suggestions in IT for handling different work type scenarios.

Any 'other' ideas probably come from the net, sticky pages would be a killer for any library's budget I suspect ?!!! Big Grin Big Grin

You used to be able to get those "books" on the NHS, I'm reliably informed  Big Grin Big Grin
(04-18-2024, 12:18 PM)MrBater Wrote: What kind of ideas, MrBater, and what kind of books?  Big Grin

[Image: Screenshot_2021-12-27_at_09.24.25.png]
Would rather talk to ChatGPT

Make the most of them, they are slowly but surely getting closer down.