Sunderland Match Fred
(04-13-2024, 06:06 PM)Seat109 Wrote: This criticism of the starting eleven is a bit odd, not saying he’s the best but Townsend has been left back all season and had a rest so no surprise he was back in, Okay was always going to be rested and M’Villa was never going to play twice in 3 days, he picked the best number 10 in the squad to start and Mowatt came back in , thought we were playing well and had BTA not lost his head the obvious changes like Wallace for Fellows second half could well have turned the game in our favour, think next Saturday could be a bit uncomfortable if we’re not totally on it

Totally agree with this. 

Since the international break we have had just four players playing well IMO (Furlong, Mowatt, BTA and Diangana) so can’t see how anyone deserved a start.
(04-13-2024, 06:18 PM)Mickyfudge Wrote: Very disappointed that we couldn’t create anything all match ,didn’t think Wallace swift or reach added anything when they came on

Swift very nearly scored
No he didn’t
Sunderland barely came out of their own half until they scored. I can't see how the selection could be faulted. Okay was rested after midweek and was replaced by Chalobah who got clattered. Wallace had a sickness bug. M'villa and Reach were never going to start after playing in midweek. We lost that game in a mad 4 minutes. I'm more angry we lost to a side of cloggers and divers than I am at Albion. I'm also not pleased that half the ground fucks off on 80 minutes when we are trying to chuck the kitchen sink at the opposition. Get behind them FFS.
(04-13-2024, 06:02 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: It’s on BTA.  Can argue about the starting XI but I think he as rotating a little, after today the games are only on weekends now so we can go with the strongest team every week.

Wasn’t a fan of the HT subs mind and would have gone 3 at the back, but their strength wand only attacking play came with width so maybe a back 3 would have given them space to play.

(04-13-2024, 08:54 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Sunderland barely came out of their own half until they scored. I can't see how the selection could be faulted. Okay was rested after midweek and was replaced by Chalobah who got clattered. Wallace had a sickness bug. M'villa and Reach were never going to start after playing in midweek. We lost that game in a mad 4 minutes. I'm more angry we lost to a side of cloggers and divers than I am at Albion. I'm also not pleased that half the ground fucks off on 80 minutes when we are trying to chuck the kitchen sink at the opposition. Get behind them FFS.

This is something that seems to be happening more and more. There’s always been a few wanting to get away sharpish but there just seems to be more and more these days.

A one off for someone , fair enough, but there are people who leave every week 80-85 minutes in, regardless of the scoreline.
滚开赖
Not a good day for us again though this time we didn’t get away with a point.

We were in total command against a mediocre and limited Sunderland side except for being woefully inept in the opponents box. But we couldn’t have have foreseen what happened in those crucial minutes.
BTA, just booked, decided to make up for his terrible control by lunging at the panto villain.

Unfortunately, we thought then that we probably only have a point to hold onto as you cannot see our team pushing and attacking much with ten men.
We needed to hold out until halftime then regroup but failed to last that long as a simple set piece gave them the lead in their first real attack !

Second half was about how I would expect us to be ; competing well to stop them scoring but just next to nothing offensively and we never looked like get back in it.

Worrying signs in the past half a dozen games as the form looks way off even if we have got away with ok results. I think we’ll limp over the line in sixth but can’t see us winning any of the last three (couple of draws at best) as we just don’t look right compared to earlier in the season. Ironic has we now have such a strong bench.

(04-13-2024, 08:54 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Sunderland barely came out of their own half until they scored. I can't see how the selection could be faulted. Okay was rested after midweek and was replaced by Chalobah who got clattered. Wallace had a sickness bug. M'villa and Reach were never going to start after playing in midweek. We lost that game in a mad 4 minutes. I'm more angry we lost to a side of cloggers and divers than I am at Albion. I'm also not pleased that half the ground fucks off on 80 minutes when we are trying to chuck the kitchen sink at the opposition. Get behind them FFS.

Did we really look like we we chucking the kitchen sink at them ?  We were woeful second half offensively…

(04-13-2024, 05:47 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote: I reckon a few of them were out to get Ballard, so I wouldn't have been surprised if someone else who hadn't played, had been sent off.

Amazing how such a non entity as done so much damage to our season.

He celebrated like he’d won something!
See him in the Play Offs. !  Smile
Good post that EM.

Agree that the form post international break is worrying. Only Mowatt or Furlong can look themselves in the mirror and say that they are performing to the high standards they have set. Diangana, BTA and Fellows to some degree also. Okay, Swift and Wallace in particular need to get a grip and find some form.
(04-14-2024, 08:10 AM)Stillclem4england Wrote: Good post that EM.

Agree that the form post international break is worrying. Only Mowatt or Furlong can look themselves in the mirror and say that they are performing to the high standards they have set. Diangana, BTA and Fellows to some degree also. Okay, Swift and Wallace in particular need to get a grip and find some form.

Agree that we have a lot of the team blowing hot and cold with even the reliable centre backs not looking as steady recently.

I think we are all hoping the team clicks before the play offs to give us some real hope and momentum yet it’s very hit and miss.
The Stoke performance was so poor and then we used the Rotherham match as a slow-slow training match instead of building some real attacking form and getting the fanbase excited.
When we play so well within ourselves offensively like we did against Rotherham then is it any wonder we cannot up our attacking game when teams just defend against us or when we have to attack with less men like yesterday.
Agree that Kipre and Bartley very poor since Millwall. Neither anywhere near as dominant as before. Kipre let the ball bounce at least twice yesterday which he would never have done before the international break.

Unless we are playing against a targetman I’d be tempted to bring in Pieters.
(04-14-2024, 08:35 AM)Stillclem4england Wrote: Agree that Kipre and Bartley very poor since Millwall. Neither anywhere near as dominant as before. Kipre let the ball bounce at least twice yesterday which he would never have done before the international break.

Unless we are playing against a targetman I’d be tempted to bring in Pieters.

I really think they have been poor just off the high standards they have set themselves earlier in the season.