Sound celebrities you've met
(08-03-2023, 04:15 PM)Stillclem4england Wrote: Recently met Micah Richards and have to say he is an absolutely lovely guy and probably the nicest footballer I have met. Ugo Ehiogu would be second.

+1 for Ugo. Met him in the now long gone Liberty's on the Hagley Road, really nice guy and happy to talk football.
(08-04-2023, 07:43 AM)TartanRug Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 04:15 PM)Stillclem4england Wrote: Recently met Micah Richards and have to say he is an absolutely lovely guy and probably the nicest footballer I have met. Ugo Ehiogu would be second.

+1 for Ugo. Met him in the now long gone Liberty's on the Hagley Road, really nice guy and happy to talk football.

Ugo was stood next to me on the South Bank at the concrete flinging match. He couldn't believe what was happening.

A nice chap. (RIP)
(08-03-2023, 10:45 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 04:01 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Shit loads, but Dave Grohl by an absolute mile. Enjoyed his and the foo fighters company for an entire day and was never short with anyone in a relentless interview schedule.

Almost had the chance to meet Grohl. At a previous job a woman I worked with’s husband was head of their road crew. He sorted us out AAA passes for their Wembley gig, backstage, meet the band, the lot.

Sadly it was when Dave fell off stage, broke his leg and ended up cancelling a load of gigs.

Weirdly, I bumped into Taylor Hawkins that week on park lane, just before they actually cancelled it. He wouldn’t give me the scoop sadly.
In the form of his life.
Can’t believe big Cyrille hasn’t had a mention so far.  He was a lovely man.
I told you I’ll be back
(08-04-2023, 07:59 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 10:45 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 04:01 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Shit loads, but Dave Grohl by an absolute mile. Enjoyed his and the foo fighters company for an entire day and was never short with anyone in a relentless interview schedule.

Almost had the chance to meet Grohl. At a previous job a woman I worked with’s husband was head of their road crew. He sorted us out AAA passes for their Wembley gig, backstage, meet the band, the lot.

Sadly it was when Dave fell off stage, broke his leg and ended up cancelling a load of gigs.

Weirdly, I bumped into Taylor Hawkins that week on park lane, just before they actually cancelled it. He wouldn’t give me the scoop sadly.

They were on a European tour when it happened (think it was Sweden without checking) and the band hung around London for a bit afterwards. I stood next to Taylor watching Public Service Broadcasting at BST in Hyde Park around the time they were meant to play.
David Button wouldn't drop this many names, lads.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
Although only a minor celeb, one of the most wonderful human beings I’ve ever had the pleasure of spending a few weeks with was late folk singer Fred Wedlock. The whole story is too long to go into here, but suffice to say he phoned me on the morning of the Palace game in 2001/02 to wish us luck. Marvellous man.
(08-04-2023, 08:25 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Although only a minor celeb, one of the most wonderful human beings I’ve ever had the pleasure of spending a few weeks with was late folk singer Fred Wedlock. The whole story is too long to go into here, but suffice to say he phoned me on the morning of the Palace game in 2001/02 to wish us luck. Marvellous man.

Oldest Swinger In Town chap?
(08-04-2023, 08:57 AM)hudds Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 08:25 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Although only a minor celeb, one of the most wonderful human beings I’ve ever had the pleasure of spending a few weeks with was late folk singer Fred Wedlock. The whole story is too long to go into here, but suffice to say he phoned me on the morning of the Palace game in 2001/02 to wish us luck. Marvellous man.

Then you find you went to school with her ma and pa.  Angel
I told you I’ll be back
(08-04-2023, 08:57 AM)hudds Wrote:

Yep. Just met him and his lovely wife Sue by chance up a mountain in Tlos (the middle of nowhere in Turkey). Had no idea who he was for hours until he started talking about music. Became friends for the rest of his life. Lovely, lovely man.