Incoming
(07-31-2023, 03:27 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Would be surprised to see 2 strikers come in unless we’re changing formation or BTA is off. CC said he wanted 2 players for each position and we’d have 4 when Dike returns

I think we need to look at the 4 positions as a whole. 

Maja can play wide and as a 10 as well as a 9. 

So we would have; Moore, Dike (when fit), BTA, Maja, Jezza, Phillips, Grady, Wallace, Swift. That gives us plenty of options and flexibility and would stand us in really good stead.
(07-31-2023, 03:27 PM)wbamitch Wrote: CC said he wanted 2 players for each position

Ahhhhh... I do reminisce the old days fondly when we had about 6 or 7 left and right wingers and no forwards to speak of...  Big Grin
(07-31-2023, 03:36 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 03:27 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Would be surprised to see 2 strikers come in unless we’re changing formation or BTA is off. CC said he wanted 2 players for each position and we’d have 4 when Dike returns

I think we need to look at the 4 positions as a whole. 

Maja can play wide and as a 10 as well as a 9. 

So we would have; Moore, Dike (when fit), BTA, Maja, Jezza, Phillips, Grady, Wallace, Swift. That gives us plenty of options and flexibility and would stand us in really good stead.

Certainly wouldn’t be complaining, also need to add Sarmiento to that list! I’d imagine we would have to move a couple of them on though, that’s a lot of attacking options for a team with no money

Edit: sorry just realised Jezza is Sarmiento
(07-31-2023, 03:34 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 03:18 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 03:16 PM)Hughie Reed 31 Wrote: What’s happened to Moore the Welsh bloke?

Strong indications that two coming in….plot thickens

Can't Maja play on the wing?

Yes indeed
Grady being marketed along with TGH outside the club.

Suspect they’ll both be gone come Sept 1st
(07-31-2023, 03:48 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: Grady being marketed along with TGH outside the club.

Shame for TGH.  No lack of effort or desire. Just falls a little short I feel. 
Grady  ..a signing we all wanted to work but through a poor injury record and little desire to be here in the first place will not be such a big miss.

Ah ,but that would be for only one game,as when Dike comes on he will get injured again .
(07-31-2023, 03:51 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(07-31-2023, 03:48 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: Grady being marketed along with TGH outside the club.

Shame for TGH.  No lack of effort or desire. Just falls a little short I feel. 
Grady  ..a signing we all wanted to work but through a poor injury record and little desire to be here in the first place will not be such a big miss.

Too many managers and too many positions for TGH. Agree it’s a shame as there’s a player who offers something but we need cash and he may well generate a fee + a future sell on clause. He’s going to struggle to play unless he goes in at RB here.

Not upset about either going. Neither am I bothered if they stay.

Grady will never get over being let go by West Ham and he'll never play in the Premier League again.

TGH is football brain dead, has lots of energy, drives forward but has no football intelligence at all, and therefore can cause far more trouble than he solves.
(07-31-2023, 04:44 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Not upset about either going. Neither am I bothered if they stay.

Grady will never get over being let go by West Ham and he'll never play in the Premier League again.

TGH is football brain dead, has lots of energy, drives forward but has no football intelligence at all, and therefore can cause far more trouble than he solves.

I think that might be a little unfair on TGH. He seemed to be trying too hard to impress in his very irregular starts and hence played a bit haphazardly. Will do a job somewhere in the middle of the park.