iphone techie question
I have a very old iphone about 15 years old  with about 500 songs stored in the itunes app.  It is largely stuff I imported from CDs ( remember them) into itunes via a drive on my old computer.

Itunes on my new phone 11 and desktop will only import stuff I have bought from itunes and that free shit U2 inflicted on the world a few years back

What I would like to do is to suck the stuff off my old iphone into itunes on my desktop and then load it onto my iphone 11  so I have it on the computer and the phone.

I gather there is some software such as fonetool that will do the job.  I don't mind paying for software but I'd like to know it is going to do the job. 

Advice and piss takes much appreciated.

I have turned it off and back on again.
(07-05-2023, 08:27 PM)Offside Wrote: I have a very old iphone about 15 years old  with about 500 songs stored in the itunes app.  It is largely stuff I imported from CDs ( remember them) into itunes via a drive on my old computer.

Itunes on my new phone 11 and desktop will only import stuff I have bought from itunes and that free shit U2 inflicted on the world a few years back

What I would like to do is to suck the stuff off my old iphone into itunes on my desktop and then load it onto my iphone 11  so I have it on the computer and the phone.

I gather there is some software such as fonetool that will do the job.  I don't mind paying for software but I'd like to know it is going to do the job. 

Advice and piss takes much appreciated.

I have turned it off and back on again.

You lost me at "I'd like to suck off my iphone....."
Just think of all the songs you like and hum them to yourself. Save time.
I'm not in the Apple world, strictly Microsoft and Android for me. I find it remarkable that a device you've paid good cash money for won't accept just any sort of media file you want to upload, whatever the source. Can this be true?

I have to admit, there is an issue where downloaded music files from Amazon are "lost" on some Android devices and you can't find them to move elsewhere. That's a "problem" that both Google and Amazon are taking their time to resolve. Fixed by downloading onto good old Microsoft.
I had an old iPod that cost a fair amount at the time, but to be honest I’ve never missed the music as I can just hear them on Spotify.
Surely you have this or Deezer, Soundcloud etc?
Apologies as you’re not having any tech help at all so far, but lashings of pisstaking.
(07-05-2023, 09:56 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: I'm not in the Apple world, strictly Microsoft and Android for me. I find it remarkable that a device you've paid good cash money for won't accept just any sort of media file you want to upload, whatever the source. Can this be true?

I have to admit, there is an issue where downloaded music files from Amazon are "lost" on some Android devices and you can't find them to move elsewhere. That's a "problem" that both Google and Amazon are taking their time to resolve. Fixed by downloading onto good old Microsoft.

To get people to pay for Apple Music/iTunes Match

Have you tried connecting a third party playback app like VLC to iTunes?
Another reason I bought a £40 MP3 player that has a 32GB memory with a socket to take a 128GB card.

Oh, and better still, you use Windows explorer to copy and paste of my laptop onto the MP3 player.

I’d sack off playing music off your phone if I were you. Download them again for free off YouTube and don’t save them on your phone.

If your old phone still works… then another option is software to extract the songs onto a pc. There’s some free software called something with “monkey” in the title. I’m in bed now but will look to see if I still have that software on my laptop tomorrow.
I told you I’ll be back
Sign up to Apple Music, it transfers your whole library across and you can access it through multiple Apple devices

God send to me and my tens of thousands of songs database when i finally got round to stopping downloading songs or importing tracks from CD’s etc

Everything synchs through your Apple log in so you have your entire library on your phone/iPad/iPod/PC etc

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(07-05-2023, 10:00 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I had an old iPod that cost a fair amount at the time, but to be honest I’ve never missed the music as I can just hear them on Spotify.
Apologies as you’re not having any tech help at all so far, but lashings of pisstaking.

never heard of Deezer or Soundcloud and you are asking me to abandon Midget's classic  mash of "TELL YOU WHAT TOM"  featuring Lee from Solihull.
(07-06-2023, 09:54 AM)Offside Wrote:
(07-05-2023, 10:00 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I had an old iPod that cost a fair amount at the time, but to be honest I’ve never missed the music as I can just hear them on Spotify.

never heard of Deezer or Soundcloud and you are asking me to abandon Midget's classic  mash of "TELL YOU WHAT TOM"  featuring Lee from Solihull.

I used to have an app called “downcloud” until it got taken down.  When music is uploaded to soundcloud there’s an option as to whether the song can be downloaded or not.  The app downcloud for around this and every song on soundcloud could be downloaded in to downcloud.  I filled my boots with days and days worth of dj sets.  I then got hold of some software that could access the files in downcloud and copied them to directories on my laptop.  Happy days!! Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back