The latest Guy Ritchie film
Wow!  What a massive disappointment!  Jason Statham effectively plays James Bond. He even jets off around the globe and is on speedboats / power boats etc.  a terrible bond rip off if ever there was one.
I told you I’ll be back
Not quite sure what you were expecting from a Jason Statham movie tbh. A critique of the modern condition? An ironic pathos?
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(07-06-2023, 07:23 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Not quite sure what you were expecting from a Jason Statham movie tbh.  A critique of the modern condition?  An ironic pathos?

Statham’s best performance is in Spy where just plays a parody of himself.
(07-06-2023, 07:23 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: Not quite sure what you were expecting from a Jason Statham movie tbh.  A critique of the modern condition?  An ironic pathos?

He’s been in snatch and lock stock, both Guy Ritchie films and neither of those were “bond” style films.  A massive disappointment from Guy Ritchie, probably his worst film to date IMO.
I told you I’ll be back
(07-06-2023, 07:58 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

He’s been in snatch and lock stock, both Guy Ritchie films and neither of those were “bond” style films.  A massive disappointment from Guy Ritchie, probably his worst film to date IMO.

Ritchie hasn’t made a decent film since the two you mention.
(07-06-2023, 07:59 AM)Duffers Wrote:

His previous film, The Gentleman was decent
I told you I’ll be back

I mean... if you're going to go back into the last century... my point still stands.  You know what you're going to get when you see a Guy Ritchie/Jason Statham double bill.
(07-06-2023, 08:31 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:

I mean... if you're going to go back into the last century... my point still stands.  You know what you're going to get when you see a Guy Ritchie/Jason Statham double bill.

Wait until you watch it and you will see just how similar it is to a bond film, the directing with the camera shots especially.
I told you I’ll be back
(07-06-2023, 08:34 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-06-2023, 08:31 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:

Wait until you watch it and you will see just how similar it is to a bond film, the directing with the camera shots especially.

I can safely say I won't be watching it.  Because it's a Guy Ritchie/Jason Statham film.
(07-06-2023, 07:59 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Guy Richie has probably made the best film of the past year. The Covenant. Also, The Gentlemen and Aladdin were good. King Arthur was 50/50.