Brexit has failed…
So says Farage. 

Nigel Farage 2017: “If Brexit is a disaster I will go and live abroad”

Nigel Farage 2023: “What I do think is that we haven’t actually benefited from Brexit economically….Brexit has failed.”
<knocks doors in Hagley to say sorry>
Someone could have been killed
(05-16-2023, 09:20 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: <knocks doors in Hagley to say sorry>

To be honest, even if you knew nothing about economics, a cast list which included Johnson, Farage and Proth should have told you all you need to know.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
I agree with him.

Using a football analogy Brexit as implemented is a season under Steve Bruce.

However, you didn't have to appoint Steve Bruce.
(05-17-2023, 08:34 AM)Protheroe Wrote: I agree with him.

Agreed. Because there was no plan, no idea, just rhetoric.   Leave didn't think they would win and apparently Johnson and Gove shat themselves when the result came in.  Hence the bullshit of "oven ready" deals and having your cake and eating it.  Utterly delusional.  Reality bites.

Proth continues to play the ‘it’s the wrong kind of Brexit’ card, this time in the hope he can somehow distance himself from the ensuing circus that is Brexit reality.
(05-17-2023, 08:59 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Proth continues to play the ‘it’s the wrong kind of Brexit’ card, this time in the hope he can somehow distance himself from the ensuing circus that is Brexit reality.

In what way does it matter whether I am distanced or not from the recent carnage Derek? I'm curious. It doesn't matter to me, so why should it matter to anyone else?

Using a political analogy it's like when Communists say communism hasn't failed but it's been failed
(05-17-2023, 09:48 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 08:59 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

In what way does it matter whether I am distanced or not from the recent carnage Derek? I'm curious. It doesn't matter to me, so why should it matter to anyone else?

Because you campaigned for something that was always going to have a detrimental affect on the country as pointed out by experts who were dismissed continuously as ‘project fear’. There was no plan other than to leave at least none that even the Vote Leave group could agree on. You could show some contrition and say I got it wrong instead of continually moving the goalposts and suggesting it’s because Brexit wasn’t implemented how I wanted it to be. There is no proof your way would have worked any better but there is growing evidence Brexit will at best a fudged compromise and at worse a continuing weight around the neck of the U.K. for generations. If you are that sure of your convictions that you actively campaigned for them at least have some humility and say I got it wrong when it doesn’t go as you thought it would.
(05-17-2023, 09:56 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Using a political analogy it's like when Communists say communism hasn't failed but it's been failed

Yes, it's the delusion of the idealogue.  It would work if only (insert excuses)

Moreover, there are so many "tendencies" within the Brexiteers that is reminiscent of the Trotskyist factions (or the People's Front of Judea and the Judean People's Front and the Judean National People's Front.......)

We needed a grown up discussion about the EU (which is far from perfect and the Commission is an elitist non-inclusive cabal) before any decision on the UK within it, but that was always poisoned by the plutocrat billionaire media magnates and the likes of Johnson as a "journo" stealing a living by writing mendacious articles to feed the baying mob.