Kloop
(05-02-2019, 08:15 AM)Dumbo Wrote: £400,000,000 spent by Klopp in 4 years and no trophies.

That’s warped a little bit though, they’re on course for a points total that in any other year (except last) would win them the title. If you break 95 points you can consider yourself damn unlucky not to win anything.

They’ve made four or five finals too, which suggests some sort of mental block.

Whatever criticisms of his personality he’s still a damn fine football manager.
Back to reality - fortunately they do place some nice football at times.
Must try harder.
(05-02-2019, 08:51 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 08:15 AM)Dumbo Wrote: £400,000,000 spent by Klopp in 4 years and no trophies.

That’s warped a little bit though, they’re on course for a points total that in any other year (except last) would win them the title. If you break 95 points you can consider yourself damn unlucky not to win anything.

Does losing finals and getting a record points total for a second place finish win you trophies?

£400,000,000 spent and no trophies is failure. Simple as.
I have an irrational dislike of Liverpool, but even I would have to concede that Klopp is a brilliant manager.

He may occasionally rub opposition fans up the wrong way, but overall he seems to be a good guy, and genuinely enthusiastic about football.

For those who cite him as a failure, then I would point you in the direction of his Dortmund record. And in England he has changed Liverpool into genuine contenders. And I think a fair minded person would have to concede that whichever team finishes second this season, they haven't failed, they have just come up against someone who were slightly better.
(05-02-2019, 09:19 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Does losing finals and getting a record points total for a second place finish win you trophies?

I don’t agree, there are only four trophies available each year (and only two that matter to the elite). They’re competing against the best in Europe and this country for them. He has transformed Liverpool into a club that competes for the top trophies year on year, they’re a million miles from the mess Brent left them in. Success isn’t just about who picks up a shiny pot, Pochettino for example has won nothing but few would argue he hasn’t done a fantastic job at Spurs, Klopp is similar. 

Even the money spent is misleading - £400m over four/five years? How much have City/United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Real/Barca/Juve/Bayern/PSG spent in that period? Klopp has outperformed most of them, even their two biggest signings - Van Djik and Allisson were offset by selling Coutinho.
I've not checked but I would have thought he was close to balancing the books.
(05-02-2019, 09:34 AM)Duffers Wrote:

I don’t agree, there are only four trophies available each year (and only two that matter to the elite). They’re competing against the best in Europe and this country for them. He has transformed Liverpool into a club that competes for the top trophies year on year, they’re a million miles from the mess Brent left them in. Success isn’t just about who picks up a shiny pot, Pochettino for example has won nothing but few would argue he hasn’t done a fantastic job at Spurs, Klopp is similar. 

Even the money spent is misleading - £400m over four/five years? How much have City/United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Real/Barca/Juve/Bayern/PSG spent in that period? Klopp has outperformed most of them, even their two biggest signings - Van Djik and Allisson were offset by selling Coutinho.

From the listed clubs you mention, only United have failed to win a trophy in the 4 years Klopp has been at Liverpool. So how has Klopp outperformed them?
(05-02-2019, 09:49 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

From the listed clubs you mention, only United have failed to win a trophy in the 4 years Klopp has been at Liverpool. So how has Klopp outperformed them?

Even Klopp can’t win the German or French leagues with Liverpool. He’s outperformed the likes of Bayern and PSG in the only comparable tournament.

They’ve undoubtedly outperformed United/Arsenal/Chelsea in the last couple of years.
That's this is even an argument.

Let's put it this way, last season Man City beat everyone by a considerable distance, because they are a very good football team.

This season they are still miles ahead of everyone, with the exception of Liverpool. Liverpool have narrowed, some may say extinguished, the gap. That's because they have a very good manager in charge, to try and argue anything different is perverse.

I hope City beat them to the title, I hope Barca get to the Champions League final. But given that I still have to grudgingly admire the job Klopp has done at Liverpool.
(05-02-2019, 09:49 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Pretty sure that United have won a FA Cup, a League Cup and The Europa League in the time Klipperty has been at liverpool.
Flag shagging,misogynistic,covidiot,anitvax gammon.
Or just a normal white bloke.