These Environmental nutters
(04-18-2019, 11:23 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 04:43 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: messing London Transport up.

I'm sure I saw a picture of a bloke yesterday who had super-glued himself to a train window. He was wearing a sign that said "Don't pull me off". Did I imagine that???

Load of posh cunts, nothing in common with any of them, and don't start me on them skateboarding coppers?? Hope it wasn't Bromley Baggie???

No shock the same ones sticking up for them on here are the ones who cry about the 'tannoy' hurting their ears and don't like the Liquidator

Huh? I'm not a copper. Anyhoo...

(04-19-2019, 06:29 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote:

I'm sure I saw a picture of a bloke yesterday who had super-glued himself to a train window. He was wearing a sign that said "Don't pull me off". Did I imagine that???

Load of posh cunts, nothing in common with any of them, and don't start me on them skateboarding coppers?? Hope it wasn't Bromley Baggie???

No shock the same ones sticking up for them on here are the ones who cry about the 'tannoy' hurting their ears and don't like the Liquidator

Huh? I'm not a copper. Anyhoo...

I must have dreamt it mon
The elephant in the room no one wants to address...

Population of planet in 1950 - 2,556,000,053
Population of planet in 2019 - 7,714,576,923

When interviewed yesterday one of the protesters said she was worried for her 5 children. When the presenter pointed out that wasn't exactly helping for the future she was a bit miffed
(04-19-2019, 06:50 AM)strawman Wrote: The elephant in the room no one wants to address...

When interviewed yesterday one of the protesters said she was worried for her 5 children. When the presenter pointed out that wasn't exactly helping for the future she was a bit miffed

Can’t help thinking that the subject of voluntary euthanasia will gain ever more traction in the years to come.
(04-18-2019, 09:22 PM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 08:01 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: The Orkney Islands are using a lot of hydrogen in vehicles instead which has no harmful emissions - but I think currently it still uses electricity and therfore fossil fuels to make it.... but such innovations are a start.

Protests are going to inconvenience many and that's the aim for publicity hoping to effect change. Sometimes that is needed and sometimes breaking the law is needed to eventually get enough backing and notice - as per the Suffragettes - whether that applies in this case we won't know till they are studying it in history decades hence (if civilisation srill exists)
Soz Pick, for being a pedant but the Suffragette’s campaign of “Deeds not words” had been abandoned four years when women were given the franchise. I would suggest it was not the criminal actions of a few wealthy middle class women that won them the vote but the responsible behaviour of the millions of ordinary women in the roles and duties they performed during the Great War, showing that women were as capable and intelligent as men which won round the MPs. The suffragette campaign of violent action had been running for eleven years with very little sign of success. Indeed attitudes were hardening against them.
There's a debate about whether WW1 and women's work did gain women the vote. But that's opinion, not"fact".
Most men in power derided the idea, much as some of today's papers are doing re climate protestors. I don't believe that women working in factories would have gained the vote alone, and it's really a rewrite of history.
Just like then, the issue has become a main news event,... which is why we, and many others, are debating it. 
And direct action seems to be working in the Sudan.

Who has said that on here?
(04-18-2019, 05:21 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

Good for them. London and every other transport will be more than messed up for our grandchildren if we don't change radically.
And I agree with the above about direct action.
The suffragists were derided as "votes for women nutters" until they took direct action. And became the suffragettes.
Ditto trade unionists and many other heroes of our past.

True. They'll have something to complain about when London Underground starts issuing snorkels.
(04-18-2019, 11:29 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 10:54 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Fully behind them. My younger daughter is down in London visiting my older one this weekend. I'd be disappointed in the type of girls we've raised if they don't get involved in some way.

Solihull THAT

(04-18-2019, 11:29 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote:

Its a 'public address system'. Tannoy is a trade name

Bore off with the Partridge quotes, they went out in 2004 Zzz

(04-19-2019, 08:07 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:29 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 10:54 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Fully behind them. My younger daughter is down in London visiting my older one this weekend. I'd be disappointed in the type of girls we've raised if they don't get involved in some way.

Solihull THAT

(04-18-2019, 11:29 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote:

Its a 'public address system'. Tannoy is a trade name

Bore off with the Partridge quotes, they went out in 2004 Zzz

Not sure what Solihull THAT is meant to mean. Anybody got any idea so that I know whether to be elated or devastated by the response,
(04-19-2019, 06:50 AM)strawman Wrote: The elephant in the room no one wants to address...

There was a photo, used by the BBC yesterday, of a middle aged lady being carted off. She was wearing a pair of fashionable trainers with synthetic soles (petrochemical based) which would have, almost certainly,  been made in China, Vietnam or the Philippines and so shipped from the other side of the world at great carbon cost. No irony there.
It's easy to have a snipe about these people or their trainers but seems to miss the key point.
We are destroying the planet, governments worldwide (including our own) are at best paying lip service as the vested interest of the big corporations pull the strings
Can't believe anybody in their right mind is happy to let this continue.
This is not about the polymer some protestors shoes are made from or whether the protestors are middle class FFS!