WBAUnofficial
These Environmental nutters - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: These Environmental nutters (/showthread.php?tid=3389)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

These Environmental nutters - Cheshire East Baggie - 04-18-2019

messing London Transport up.

I'm sure I saw a picture of a bloke yesterday who had super-glued himself to a train window. He was wearing a sign that said "Don't pull me off". Did I imagine that???

RE: These Environmental nutters - Derek Hardballs - 04-18-2019

Let’s be honest here, no matter what the tactics it’s put climate change at the top of the news agenda. I can’t say that as we sleep walk into creating an inhospitable planet that I’m particularly upset or angry at their tactics. It may make this shower of shite government see beyond its party’s immediate future and the UK’s and offer a little perspective to the Brexit debate.

It won’t of course because selfish fuckwits in government and business aren’t going to change and see them and their friends financially suffer even a modicum of discomfort.

RE: These Environmental nutters - Tom Joad - 04-18-2019

(04-18-2019, 04:52 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Let’s be honest here, no matter what the tactics it’s put climate change at the top of the news agenda. I can’t say that as we sleep walk into creating an inhospitable planet that I’m particularly upset or angry at their tactics. It may make this shower of shite government see beyond its party’s immediate future and the UK’s and offer a little perspective to the Brexit debate.

It won’t of course because selfish fuckwits in government and business aren’t going to change and see them and their friends financially suffer even a modicum of discomfort.

Agreed, and I must add, thankfully I'm not caught up in it. I think ER have called it right by asking all participants not to drink. That way the news can't be reported as if a bunch of hooligans had stormed London. Disruptive, but it does get full attention.

RE: These Environmental nutters - Johnnykayeengland - 04-18-2019

(04-18-2019, 04:43 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: messing London Transport up.

I'm sure I saw a picture of a bloke yesterday who had super-glued himself to a train window. He was wearing a sign that said "Don't pull me off". Did I imagine that???
Good for them. London and every other transport will be more than messed up for our grandchildren if we don't change radically.
And I agree with the above about direct action.
The suffragists were derided as "votes for women nutters" until they took direct action. And became the suffragettes.
Ditto trade unionists and many other heroes of our past.

RE: These Environmental nutters - Babel - 04-18-2019

I can't wait for the Daily Mail headline, "London Hotter than Spain and Hell, " cos that's where we're headed. On environmental issues there is really no reason at all to be optimistic in the medium or long term.

RE: These Environmental nutters - Duffers - 04-18-2019

I’ve got a mate who has been heavily since involved n all this. He said the strategy was clear - no drinking, no rowdiness, no resisting arrest, not even any swearing - nothing that can draw focus from their message. Only peaceful civil disobedience.

Apparently when you turn up you say whether you’re happy to be arrested or not and it’s your decision. If you don’t want to be you just move over to the pavement when the police start warning people. Those who don’t mind being arrested stay in place. They want as many arrested as possible.

RE: These Environmental nutters - Cunninghamismagic - 04-18-2019

Lots of white MCW who can afford green energy?

RE: These Environmental nutters - Derek Hardballs - 04-18-2019

(04-18-2019, 05:47 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Lots of white MCW who can afford green energy?

Ffs!

RE: These Environmental nutters - Borin' Baggie - 04-18-2019

(04-18-2019, 05:47 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Lots of white MCW who can afford green energy?

Afford green energy? Offshore wind and solar are dirt cheap, cheaper than nuclear, coal and oil and comparable to natural gas. The only obstruction is nimbyism and a lack of government investment to offset the lack of private sector demand.

RE: These Environmental nutters - Black Lake Victoria - 04-18-2019

Booking the week off work to get down the Big Smoke, I wouldn't be dancing around having to pay London prices for snap etc....are they being congestion charged?