Mowatt at Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough fan pundit for her thoughts on Mowatt’s performance at the weekend and she said: “Alex Mowatt has shown very little to stake a claim to get back into that Middlesbrough midfield on a consistent basis. It was a surprise to see him replace Hayden Hackey in the starting 11 for the Huddersfield game because he’s been a non-event since probably his third game in a Middlesbrough shirt. He just doesn’t really stand out

Not exactly pulling up trees over there by the sounds. Struggling to even start in a poor championship team.
(11-08-2022, 11:53 PM)rickbaggie Wrote: Middlesbrough fan pundit for her thoughts on Mowatt’s performance at the weekend and she said: “Alex Mowatt has shown very little to stake a claim to get back into that Middlesbrough midfield on a consistent basis. It was a surprise to see him replace Hayden Hackey in the starting 11 for the Huddersfield game because he’s been a non-event since probably his third game in a Middlesbrough shirt. He just doesn’t really stand out

Not exactly pulling up trees over there by the sounds. Struggling to even start in a poor championship team.

League One at very best.
How much longer on his contract?
I think his deal finishes in June 2024
Hot Potato, can only play in a team that plays Val type football, he has a good shot and runs around a lot and that’s about all I see he brings to a team.
Not much more than 12 months ago, he was described on here as "the best midfield player in the division".
(11-09-2022, 09:25 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Hot Potato, can only play in a team that plays Val type football, he has a good shot and runs around a lot and that’s about all I see he brings to a team.

That's basically what he is. An energetic engine, will bag a few goals too, but isn't a possession hungry player.

Again, has uses, but not much good once outside that narrow comfort zone.
(11-09-2022, 09:54 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 09:25 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Hot Potato, can only play in a team that plays Val type football, he has a good shot and runs around a lot and that’s about all I see he brings to a team.

That's basically what he is. An energetic engine, will bag a few goals too, but isn't a possession hungry player.

Might have a use in a Corberan system?
What I've liked of Corberan so far is that he picks players for roles, Molumby against QPR for example, someone who looks to disrupt play rather than TGH who would have waited to get on the ball to make play.

Mowatt can absolutely be useful to him in certain games if he's still here next year, and I have faith he'll know when.
(11-09-2022, 10:35 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 09:54 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Might have a use in a Corberan system?

I don't think Mowatt offers more (and probably less) than the players we've already got for it. CC seems to actually like pressing and passing and possession... only the pressing suits Mowatt.