Gayle's future
(04-15-2019, 12:05 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: In fairness, what else would he say? “I can’t wait to leave, no way I’m coming back” ??

Money talks, and next season, if we don’t get up there will be 5-6 teams in this division who will happily pay him more than us.

Exactly this.
Clarnet v2.0
People are forgetting we have the benefit of Newcastle probably wanting Rondon to sign permanently.

I know if his release clause is met, he goes regardless, but Newcastle are never flush with the cash and will see a chance at getting Rondon in for cheaper should they offload Gayle to us.
(04-15-2019, 06:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote: People are forgetting we have the benefit of Newcastle probably wanting Rondon to sign permanently.

I know if his release clause is met, he goes regardless, but Newcastle are never flush with the cash and will see a chance at getting Rondon in for cheaper should they offload Gayle to us.

It won't mean a thing unfortunately. It'll be who puts down the best offer for him to his agent should Newcastle decide to move him on
(04-15-2019, 07:15 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 06:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote: People are forgetting we have the benefit of Newcastle probably wanting Rondon to sign permanently.

It won't mean a thing unfortunately. It'll be who puts down the best offer for him to his agent should Newcastle decide to move him on

Newcastle policy normally is to not pay large transfer fees for a player who is 30 in September, that's not to say somebody else may meet the release clause payment.
(04-15-2019, 07:36 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

Newcastle policy normally is to not pay large transfer fees for a player who is 30 in September, that's not to say somebody else may meet the release clause payment.
I was on about Gayles chances of coming to us
(04-15-2019, 07:48 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Surely if we want Gayle to stay and they want rondon to stay there then some agreement could be made? For example I know it's not football manager but if we are still in the championship why couldn't we sell rondon at a reduced price and loan Gayle with Newcastle paying his full wages for a season? And then have us buy him at the end of next season like we have done in the past.
(04-15-2019, 09:26 PM)wil13 Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 07:48 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Surely if we want Gayle to stay and they want rondon to stay there then some agreement could be made? For example I know it's not football manager but if we are still in the championship why couldn't we sell rondon at a reduced price and loan Gayle with Newcastle paying his full wages for a season? And then have us buy him at the end of next season like we have done in the past.

The days of players being moved around for the benefit of clubs are long gone I'm afraid. Ultimately player and agent will need to be happy with any negotiations. Maybe if no one else would be interested in either player it could happen but both will be desirable after the season they've had. Offers aots I'd guess.
Fulham are rumored to be showing an interest in Gayle
(see HITC www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/16/do-report-fulham-renew-interest-in-newcastle-striker-dwight-gayl/).
They would like him for next seasons promotion challenge?
Just means his price has gone up?
(04-16-2019, 04:58 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Fulham are rumored to be showing an interest in Gayle
(see HITC www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/16/do-report-fulham-renew-interest-in-newcastle-striker-dwight-gayl/).

HITC is all opinion based clickbait, with no substance at all. The article is merely saying Fulham should consider a move for him... the same site recently wrote an article saying if Jokanovic is appointed we should sign Cairney and Mitrovic!
(04-16-2019, 05:03 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 04:58 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Fulham are rumored to be showing an interest in Gayle

HITC is all opinion based clickbait, with no substance at all. The article is merely saying Fulham should consider a move for him... the same site recently wrote an article saying if Jokanovic is appointed we should sign Cairney and Mitrovic!

Agreed, could be his agent sounding out options boosting his ratings, etc