Scott Parker rumoured
He’s a somewhat successful Championship level manager who is currently available.

I’d be more surprised if there weren’t rumours about him.
Fulham and Bournemouth both look better sides following his departure, I’m not convinced he’s a good manager.

Ron will know his name and see he has two promotions under his belt, that’s enough due diligence.
(10-14-2022, 07:44 AM)Sliced Wrote: Took one team that should have been promoted to promotion and another team that had one of the strongest squads in the league to promotion.

On paper he's exactly what we need.

Hmm…he had a Fulham squad which cost £145m in the Championship!
He would be an absolutely awful fit. I would rather have Rowett than him, any day of the week. We need a coach, someone who can put the graft in to make players better. That is not Parker, at all.
(10-14-2022, 09:02 AM)Squid Wrote: He would be an absolutely awful fit. I would rather have Rowett than him, any day of the week. We need a coach, someone who can put the graft in to make players better. That is not Parker, at all.

Alienated some of the squad in the days before his sacking.
(10-14-2022, 08:47 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 07:44 AM)Sliced Wrote: Took one team that should have been promoted to promotion and another team that had one of the strongest squads in the league to promotion.

On paper he's exactly what we need.

Hmm…he had a Fulham squad which cost £145m in the Championship!

His Fulham team should have gotten promoted and did, his Bournemouth team were one of the strongest teams in the league but not nailed on for promotion and he got promoted.

We're currently way below where we should be.
(10-14-2022, 08:39 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 08:24 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: His successes have been with significant budgets made available. He is entirely wrong for us.

Last season Bournemouth made a transfer profit of 13m and got promoted

The transfer profit you say is correct, but the majority came from Danjuma's move to Villarreal for £21m but they did pay £14m for him. Bournemouth's spending has been outrageous over the previous 5 years.
With literally nothing to spend Parker doesn't fit with what we need IMHO
The problem with Scott Parker, is Scott Parker.

When I look at his smug face and cardigan I just want to smash his face in, he looks like a slimy car salesman.
滚开赖
Is he a good coach? If so, yes.

I can't seem to fathom if he is a good manager or has been lucky. Much like Di Matteo....
To the footballing world he is a good match to us, but too us who know he's not. We need a guy who has more substance and less style right now.
We've a bloated squad with too many on a last payday and need someone who will set about with an ethos to change the culture of the club.
As we know with manager after manager failing the problem is further up the ladder and we need that sorted.