Backroom help for the playoffs
It's not the most appealing job, six weeks and probably still let go even if you're a success. We need someone close to the club basically to do us a favour.
(04-14-2019, 01:55 PM)Artist Wrote: It's not the most appealing job, six weeks and probably still let go even if you're a success. We need someone close to the club basically to do us a favour.
Spot on. It's really an extremely odd set of circumstances. The board are setting themselves up for a big backlash if they carry on doing nothing.
(04-14-2019, 01:55 PM)Artist Wrote: It's not the most appealing job, six weeks and probably still let go even if you're a success. We need someone close to the club basically to do us a favour.

Christ it’s football, who does who a favour ?

Better to say an agreement that is mutually beneficial to both parties.
From what I can tell on the coaching side of things we have Gary Shaw (goalkeeping coach), Mike Scott (U18s manager), Deon Burton (loans manager) and Jamie Smith (U23 manager). With the exception of Shaw, the other 3 people have other jobs to focus on. Surely just bringing in someone more committed to the first team to support Shan is a no brainer. Maybe someone like Reid who's currently out of a job but still pretty close to a few players?
(04-14-2019, 02:09 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: From what I can tell on the coaching side of things we have Gary Shaw (goalkeeping coach), Mike Scott (U18s manager), Deon Burton (loans manager) and Jamie Smith (U23 manager). With the exception of Shaw, the other 3 people have other jobs to focus on. Surely just bringing in someone more committed to the first team to support Shan is a no brainer. Maybe someone like Reid who's currently out of a job but still pretty close to a few players?

Yep agree -  but I’d say Reid is also relatively inexperienced.  Surely Shakey fits the bill?
(04-14-2019, 02:09 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: From what I can tell on the coaching side of things we have Gary Shaw (goalkeeping coach), Mike Scott (U18s manager), Deon Burton (loans manager) and Jamie Smith (U23 manager). With the exception of Shaw, the other 3 people have other jobs to focus on. Surely just bringing in someone more committed to the first team to support Shan is a no brainer. Maybe someone like Reid who's currently out of a job but still pretty close to a few players?

Do you mean Gary Walsh as keeper coach?
Paul Scharner offered his services a while back - if he's still free I'd consider him, great motivator and loves us.
(04-14-2019, 03:06 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Paul Scharner offered his services a while back - if he's still free I'd consider him, great motivator and loves us.

Good shout. 

Mental strength!
Why didn't they ask Megson?
(04-14-2019, 03:19 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 03:06 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Paul Scharner offered his services a while back - if he's still free I'd consider him, great motivator and loves us.

Good shout. 

Mental strength!

He can bring his own flip chart and stand too... Jenkins will be delighted at the stationary budget savings!