WBAUnofficial
Backroom help for the playoffs - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Backroom help for the playoffs (/showthread.php?tid=3330)

Pages: 1 2 3

Backroom help for the playoffs - Spandaubaggie - 04-14-2019

Now Neil’s signed a new deal there exceptionally confusing. Don’t know what is going on, how out of the loop the media is, but can’t say I was overly enamoured by his link to us. Craig Shakespeare or ex Appy I reckon will be in for the playoffs in some capacity. Just my guess. All peculiar.

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - Hopalong - 04-14-2019

(04-14-2019, 12:46 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Now Neil’s signed a new deal there exceptionally confusing. Don’t know what is going on, how out of the loop the media is, but can’t say I was overly enamoured by his link to us. Craig Shakespeare or ex Appy I reckon will be in for the playoffs in some capacity. Just my guess. All peculiar.

Could be right Spandau.  Wink

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - Only one real Albion - 04-14-2019

Feel a bit put out by the announcement to be honest. I wasn't arsed with him, but if he was number one, then choosing to stay at Preston doesn't look good.
I do agree that we need someone in to support Shan in the next few days. I can see Big Sam on a short-term coming in and also the above. To be fair Appleton or Shakespeare supporting Shan would be the sensible options right from the moment Big Dave was fired.
I hope we clarify what's going on, because I think the uncertainty is affecting the club.

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - SW4Baggie - 04-14-2019

No way Allardyce would come to support/help Shan... he’d want to be in control so he could take all the credit.

Shakespeare is probably the most obvious choice... by all accounts he did the bulk of the coaching for their title win and he definitely gave them a bounce after Ranieri left.

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - Only one real Albion - 04-14-2019

(04-14-2019, 01:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: No way Allardyce would come to support/help Shan... he’d want to be in control so he could take all the credit.

Shakespeare is probably the most obvious choice... by all accounts he did the bulk of the coaching for their title win and he definitely gave them a bounce after Ranieri left.

Get him in tomorrow. That's the obvious signing.

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - Spandaubaggie - 04-14-2019

(04-14-2019, 01:00 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 12:46 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Now Neil’s signed a new deal there exceptionally confusing. Don’t know what is going on, how out of the loop the media is, but can’t say I was overly enamoured by his link to us. Craig Shakespeare or ex Appy I reckon will be in for the playoffs in some capacity. Just my guess. All peculiar.

I hope so. In a strange way I can get Neil staying as better the devil you know and now a decent contract. Preston one of the last of the great old clubs of Pathe News times to never have had a go in the Prem, although they've been near a couple of times. I wish them well as a club, but we move on.
Appleton or Shakespeare would be very welcomed by the fans and extremely sensible. Why it didn't happen after Millwall I don't know.

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - Atomic - 04-14-2019

(04-14-2019, 01:01 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: Feel a bit put out by the announcement to be honest. I wasn't arsed with him, but if he was number one, then choosing to stay at Preston doesn't look good.
I do agree that we need someone in to support Shan in the next few days. I can see Big Sam on a short-term coming in and also the above. To be fair Appleton or Shakespeare supporting Shan would be the sensible options right from the moment Big Dave was fired.
I hope we clarify what's going on, because I think the uncertainty is affecting the club.

How do you know we didn't cool our interest?

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - Albionmad - 04-14-2019

(04-14-2019, 01:26 PM)Atomic Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 01:01 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: Feel a bit put out by the announcement to be honest. I wasn't arsed with him, but if he was number one, then choosing to stay at Preston doesn't look good.

How do you know we didn't cool our interest?
After watching his team yesterday, I wanted him even less than at the start of our search

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - Squid - 04-14-2019

(04-14-2019, 01:17 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 01:00 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

I hope so. In a strange way I can get Neil staying as better the devil you know and now a decent contract. Preston one of the last of the great old clubs of Pathe News times to never have had a go in the Prem, although they've been near a couple of times. I wish them well as a club, but we move on.
Appleton or Shakespeare would be very welcomed by the fans and extremely sensible. Why it didn't happen after Millwall I don't know.

I agree. It's the inaction that people have struggled with, not the board's choices.

RE: Backroom help for the playoffs - 11amstart - 04-14-2019

4 games to find the best XI and formation! For me it’s a motivator we need for a two-legged play off semi-final. Shakespeare does seem a good choice, to do this in the short term. Then reevaluate at the end of the season?