Goo an get Liam Rosenior......
(10-02-2022, 12:06 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 11:59 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I’m starting to think our next manager will be Nigel Adkins… we’ve been linked before, Gourlay will know his name, he won promotion from the Championship and kept a Scunny side in it around a decade ago AND as a bonus he can do the physio role too to keep costs down.

Would have been a decent appointment ten years ago.

Exactly why I think we will go for him, he ticks our main box.
(10-02-2022, 11:59 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I’m starting to think our next manager will be Nigel Adkins… we’ve been linked before, Gourlay will know his name, he won promotion from the Championship and kept a Scunny side in it around a decade ago AND as a bonus he can do the physio role too to keep costs down.

And, if you think Bruce is a nice guy, then you'll be blown away by Adkins. Super friendly, definitely won't ruffle any feathers.

Perfect
I was wondering why no one had said Mogga and then remembered he had gone to Sunderland, doi.

Honestly, not a scooby from me. I thought Bruce was a good choice so I don't think I'll be suggesting anyone. Hughton?
(10-02-2022, 12:09 PM)Sliced Wrote:

And, if you think Bruce is a nice guy, then you'll be blown away by Adkins. Super friendly, definitely won't ruffle any feathers.

Perfect

He’s like a really keen deputy headmaster. With reflective glasses
(10-02-2022, 11:57 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 11:19 AM)Sliced Wrote: Why?

Seems like a smart guy but has he done anything at all to suggest he'd be a good appointment for a football manager?

Was the brains behind Rooney - who is really struggling in the US without him - and did a very solid job at Derby this summer… they had 5 players and an embargo until August but still had them level on points with the playoffs before they moved for Warne.

Again, it would be a huge risk, but he’s the kind of person I’d like us to have working with Bruce. He can set a team up with a game plan.

By the time their first game came around they had a starting 11 as good as any in the division. It's always difficult to bring in a whole new team and get them to hit the ground running so I don't think he can be criticised for his Derby record, but its not a tick in his box IMO.

It's also different being a number 2 to a number 1.

I don't know. The clamour for Rosenior seems excessive given the limited evidence that he'd do a decent job. I'm not saying he'd do a bad job, I just have no idea either way.

Having said that I'd get him in tomorrow if it meant Bruce was gone today
(10-02-2022, 12:13 PM)HLS Wrote: I was wondering why no one had said Mogga and then remembered he had gone to Sunderland, doi.

Honestly, not a scooby from me. I thought Bruce was a good choice so I don't think I'll be suggesting anyone. Hughton?

Christ not Hughton. Surely we’ve learned our lesson.
Alex Neil could well be available again judging from our dire Stoke are looking.
(10-02-2022, 12:46 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote: Alex Neil could well be available again judging from our dire Stoke are looking.

Just thinking that, at least we create chances. Stoke are really really bad. No attacking and no defence. Remember a couple of years ago some wanted Neil.
(10-02-2022, 12:46 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote: Alex Neil could well be available again judging from our dire Stoke are looking.

4-0 and Watford haven't even played particularly well. Watford sold Dennis and no Pedro in their squad today......weren't they a 'bang average' team who would 'struggle for goals' if they lost two of their front three, according to many on here a short while ago?
Just wait till they play us