Cowley on Griffiths......
I bloody hope we have a recall on him. It's been known for a long time that he's a special talent and I firmly believe he's ready now. 

------------------------------------------

Josh is 21 – and it amazes me that he’s 21," Cowley told the Portsmouth News. “He’s so mature, an intelligent boy, able to take information on, has a really calming influence on the group, and been a really good signing.

“Josh’s distribution has been really good, he has a really good connection with his sixes, centre-halves and also [forward] Colby Bishop.

“Sometimes they are 6ft 7in and have this physical presence, sometimes they have the speed, sometimes they have the voice. Josh is 6ft 7in but his presence actually comes from the calming nature of his personality.

“We feel very fortunate to be working with him, you look at his career, he’s coming up to 100 games and nearly 50 clean sheets, which says everything."
Is he really 6 foot 7?
My lad went to school with him and that surprises me
Some of the Pompey fans suggest his distribution isn't the best and he doesn't dominate his area enough. I'd let him stay on loan this season and look to play him in our team next season.

He can't be any worse than Benjamin now, but I think for his long term development, another season in Division One will be beneficial.
A very complementary update.
I really hope he gets a real chance with us before somebody snatches him away.
(09-24-2022, 09:12 AM)KRO Wrote: Is he really 6 foot 7?

I think that’s made up. Reports say he’s 185cms which is 6ft 1in
He's a big lad. He's easily over 6'5. I'm 6'1 and he absolutely towered over me and that was about 18 months ago!
(09-24-2022, 09:12 AM)KRO Wrote: Is he really 6 foot 7?

Perhaps he had a growth spurt. Does sometimes happen to teenagers.
(09-24-2022, 09:43 AM)Peachy Wrote: He's a big lad. He's easily over 6'5. I'm 6'1 and he absolutely towered over me and that was about 18 months ago!

My mistake it’s 1.85 mm which is 6ft 7ins.
(09-24-2022, 09:15 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: A very complementary update.
I really hope he gets a real chance with us before somebody snatches him away.

Knowing our lot, Pompey probably have an option to buy for £500000
Let's not be hasty and bring him back to replace Button so early into his goalkeeping career. Let's put him upfront.