That’s ten games
(09-21-2022, 08:38 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I think he deserves at least up to the winter break to turn things around. I know we haven’t been consistent, but the players need to take a lot of the flack for that. 

And not forgetting he’s been shafted with a minimal transfer budget thanks to Lai and his one way loans (if dividends are paid to fund the loan repayment).

My problem with Bruce is that we have been consistent. Take out the freak victory and we're miserably consistent in terms of points and results
We're pinning our hopes of turning our season around on a manager who hasn't won three games in a row (all comps) since March 2020. No prizes for guessing who one of those wins was against by the way.
(09-21-2022, 08:47 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 08:38 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I think he deserves at least up to the winter break to turn things around. I know we haven’t been consistent, but the players need to take a lot of the flack for that. 

And not forgetting he’s been shafted with a minimal transfer budget thanks to Lai and his one way loans (if dividends are paid to fund the loan repayment).

Sorry but this myth about having minimal funds has to end.

Yokuslu, Swift, Wallace and Rogic are not cheap signings. They will be on wages that very few teams in this division will be able to afford.

Bruce has chosen to prioritise those signings with the budget he has. He has not been shafted at all.

On the topic of turning it round, if there were positive signs he could, I’d agree, but this is a manager who hasn’t had to deliver more than a point or so a game for the best part of half a decade, he’s not turning this around any time soon.

You seem to forget that our wages have decreased also. as we’re no longer paying them to;
Robinson
Mowatt
Carroll
Kipre
Johnstone

That’s what’s funding the wages of the new players.
I told you I’ll be back
(09-21-2022, 09:49 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Yokuslu, Swift, Wallace and Rogic are not cheap signings. They will be on wages that very few teams in this division will be able to afford.

Bruce has chosen to prioritise those signings with the budget he has. He has not been shafted at all.

On the topic of turning it round, if there were positive signs he could, I’d agree, but this is a manager who hasn’t had to deliver more than a point or so a game for the best part of half a decade, he’s not turning this around any time soon.

You seem to forget that our wages have decreased also. as we’re no longer paying them to;
Robinson
Mowatt
Carroll
Kipre
Johnstone

That’s what’s funding the wages of the new

But our budget has decreased also - Bruce will have known when he was appointed that if he failed in his brief to get us promoted last season - which he managed to do spectacularly - that his budget would fall due to the reduced PPs.

I’d wager even with Lai’s dubious accounting he’s dealing with a budget in the top 6 for the division.
(09-21-2022, 09:51 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Robinson
Mowatt
Carroll
Kipre
Johnstone

But our budget has decreased also - Bruce will have known when he was appointed that if he failed in his brief to get us promoted last season - which he managed to do spectacularly - that his budget would fall due to the reduced PPs.

I’d wager even with Lai’s dubious accounting he’s dealing with a budget in the top 6 for the division.

How many players did we go on for where there was an amount to pay? Mulumby we had no option but to buy.  So that leaves a £300k signing, which is less than one player leaving on £6k per week. 

We’re skint.

Bruce stated in the Summer that players have to leave to be in a position to bring new players in.
I told you I’ll be back
(09-21-2022, 09:56 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Robinson
Mowatt
Carroll
Kipre
Johnstone

How many players did we go on for where there was an amount to pay? Mulumby we had no option but to buy.  So that leaves a £300k signing, which is less than one player leaving on £6k per week. 

We’re skint.

Bruce stayed in the Summer that players have to leave to be in a position to bring new players in.

Exactly. When people talked about projects and long term plans (Val needs two, three, four transfer windows) they didn’t factor in we haven’t got a pot to piss in / owner prepared to invest further money past his initial outlay on the club. He said it would be self sufficient when he bought the club and once the parachute payments are gone so is our advantage over most of the division. 

You know Birmingham City? That’s you, that is!
(09-21-2022, 10:03 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 08:47 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Sorry but this myth about having minimal funds has to end.

Robinson
Mowatt
Carroll
Kipre
Johnstone

We’re skint.

Bruce stayed in the Summer that players have to leave to be in a position to bring new players in.

Exactly. When people talked about projects and long term plans (Val needs two, three, four transfer windows) they didn’t factor in we haven’t got a pot to piss in / owner prepared to invest further money past his initial outlay on the club. He said it would be self sufficient when he bought the club and once the parachute payments are gone so is our advantage over most of the division. 

I've only ever seen this when talking about Bruce. In hindsight Val was doing ok after 2 transfer windows despite having the impossible task of replacing Pereira.

Bruce not so much.
(09-21-2022, 10:09 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 09:49 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: You seem to forget that our wages have decreased also. as we’re no longer paying them to;
Robinson
Mowatt
Carroll
Kipre
Johnstone

We’re skint.

I've only ever seen this when talking about Bruce. In hindsight Val was doing ok after 2 transfer windows despite having the impossible task of replacing Pereira.

Bruce not so much.

You weren’t paying attention then Wink  

Val’s (last years) transfer are no better than Bruce’s but let’s not go down the rabbit hole again about the  lack of merit of each manager.
(09-21-2022, 10:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 09:51 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: But our budget has decreased also - Bruce will have known when he was appointed that if he failed in his brief to get us promoted last season - which he managed to do spectacularly - that his budget would fall due to the reduced PPs.

We’re skint.

Bruce not so much.

Val’s (last years) transfer are no better than Bruce’s but let’s not go down the rabbit hole again about the  lack of merit of each manager.

Maybe I just missed it, but both arguments are nonsense. A manager should be able to make the best of the squad he has available, it's why dismissing Bruce's record last year because he didn't have his own players was ridiculous.
(09-21-2022, 10:29 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 10:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 09:56 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: How many players did we go on for where there was an amount to pay? Mulumby we had no option but to buy.  So that leaves a £300k signing, which is less than one player leaving on £6k per week. 

We’re skint.

Bruce not so much.

Maybe I just missed it, but both arguments are nonsense. A manager should be able to make the best of the squad he has available, it's why dismissing Bruce's record last year because he didn't have his own players was ridiculous.

The argument that the longer we stay in this division the weaker we will most likely get on and off the pitch is nonsense? Don’t think that stands up to much scrutiny unless we find a miracle worker like Megson again. 

This is the same daft argument you used in the Prem when Bilic had a Championship squad against Prem players. We were always moving deckchairs around the Titanic. That hasn’t been the case yet with Val or Bruce but it will be the longer we stay in this division with an owner who refuses to invest past what we generate as a club. We are going to need that Clever Marketing Guy again.