Alex Neill
(04-10-2019, 10:37 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 10:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 09:35 AM)wba13 Wrote: Norwich fans loved Neil when he got then promoted. Preston fans think he has done a great job on a shoestring budget. Swings and roundabouts come to mind . Whoever comes in will get my backing wether I like the appointment or not. Just remember for every Pardew there is a Megson  and a lot of fans did not want him.

Exactly the reason that the wanker's in charge of the shit-hole of an organisation, that they've reduced our club to, are interested in getting him in, he works with a shoestring budget, tells you everything about our owners plans/ambitions.   Angry

Villa had Smith as he did well on a shoestring budget at brentford.......

Don’t mention Smith the last time I did the thread was deleted / wasn’t allowed to be posted.
I was very impressed by PNE when we played up there. Thought we were flattered by the score (our quality was the difference) and their position at the time (bottom) was an unfair reflection on them.
Managers have to start somewhere some of you want a manager who has won things well it won’t happen nowadays. Unless your very lucky or a top six side your not going to win fuck all so a decent manager a small budget is what we need along with most sides nowadays. The days of throwing money around and getting into financial shit like a lot of other clubs are long gone for WBA, and I for one is glad to see it. You can bring in your high powered manager if you like but 2 years down the line we could be going the way of Blues,Sunderland, Portsmouth Bolton Notts county and others not for me . Yes I would love to see our team involved in trophies but in today’s climate it ain’t going to happen so yes I think we need someone to stabilise our club not go gung-ho and ruin it.
(04-10-2019, 09:35 AM)wba13 Wrote: Norwich fans loved Neil when he got then promoted. Preston fans think he has done a great job on a shoestring budget. Swings and roundabouts come to mind . Whoever comes in will get my backing wether I like the appointment or not. Just remember for every Pardew there is a Megson  and a lot of fans did not want him.

Exactly the reason that the wanker's in charge of the shit-hole of an organisation, that they've reduced our club to, are interested in getting him in, he works with a shoestring budget, tells you everything about our owners plans/ambitions.   Angry

There are no plans or ambitions. That all went with Paul Thompson, the only Chairman we've ever had who had any vision or plan
(04-10-2019, 11:14 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

There are no plans or ambitions. That all went with Paul Thompson, the only Chairman we've ever had who had any vision or plan

Absolkiute nonsense. Peace definitely had a plan. Not everyone agreed with it, but he had a plan.
I suspect with Neill that we and he are waiting for Preston's play-off hopes to end which will be on Saturday ...not that i know anything.  Winky

Exactly the reason that the wa+nker's in charge of the shit-hole of an organisation, that they've reduced our club to, are interested in getting him in, he works with a shoestring budget, tells you everything about our owners plans/ambitions.   Angry

+1 to this
(04-10-2019, 11:17 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Absolkiute nonsense. Peace definitely had a plan. Not everyone agreed with it, but he had a plan.

Let's not start on the Peace/Thompson debate again, but Thompson had the vision. He commissioned the training ground, and the East Stand (borrowing money to do it). He re-wrote the archaic constitution, and also introduced Peace to the club.
(04-10-2019, 11:35 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Let's not start on the Peace/Thompson debate again, but Thompson had the vision. He commissioned the training ground, and the East Stand (borrowing money to do it). He re-wrote the archaic constitution, and also introduced Peace to the club.

That's fine, both had a plan!

Yes,  a plan to make himself very wealthy.