Six years
Today ,Chadli signs for us , look at us now ,six more yrs of that bastard owner of ours and we could become another Oldham amongst many others ,scary thought .
What a ponce he turned out to be. Unfortunately when you look at the two clubs down the road they had to sink to near cesspit levels to finally find better owners. Hard to say what will happen to us in that respect as it’s a totally different global situation now.
Surprisingly our trillionaire seems disinterested, which begs the question of the actual ownership and their intentions. Maybe we're useful as a write-off?

There's less than a year left on our MOT, and rust seems to be scabbing here and there. I suppose we have to hope we'll be flogged to someone/corp more active while we're still floggable.
We are a miserable club in every sense. Who on earth would be interested in purchasing us? Only a crook or a madman would consider it.
(08-29-2022, 08:50 AM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote: We are a miserable club in every sense. Who on earth would be interested in purchasing us? Only a crook or a madman would consider it.

If you were part of the fabric of the club even giving it away would prove dificult.
We are not

You could make an awful lot of money (over £300 million) by getting a Championship club promoted

Put it this way how many businesses can see their annual turnover go from £20 million to over £120 million in a year?
(08-29-2022, 08:53 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 08:50 AM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote: We are a miserable club in every sense. Who on earth would be interested in purchasing us? Only a crook or a madman would consider it.

If you were part of the fabric of the club even giving it away would prove dificult.

I do not understand
(08-29-2022, 08:56 AM)BaggieBaggieBromBrom Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 08:53 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:

I do not understand

Quelle surprise!
(08-29-2022, 08:54 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: We are not

You could make an awful lot of money (over £300 million) by getting a Championship club promoted

Put it this way how many businesses can see their annual turnover go from £20 million to over £120 million in a year?

But I would remind you of a conversation I had with a football agent when I was representing a consortium to buy Bolton (ironically Chinese money). He said if you have £30M to spare, I can put you in touch with a dozen Chump clubs who would want to talk to you, all in a better situation than Bolton.

And therein lies the problem. Our situation is nearer to Coventry. We have owners who would talk about selling, but the price they need is far more than the market dictates - and it would seem they aren't prepared to take a loss. You can buy Blues for £35M, and that includes the £6M  to fix the ground. Why would you pay a premium for West Brom?

Even if we are promoted (which I think is unlikely) it just kicks the can down the road for another 3 years. You make your profit in a deal when you buy an asset, and Lai paid way too much for a club that was 1 bad season away from a long stint in the Championship.
(08-29-2022, 09:17 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 08:54 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: We are not

But I would remind you of a conversation I had with a football agent when I was representing a consortium to buy Bolton (ironically Chinese money). He said if you have £30M to spare, I can put you in touch with a dozen Chump clubs who would want to talk to you, all in a better situation than Bolton.

And therein lies the problem. Our situation is nearer to Coventry. We have owners who would talk about selling, but the price they need is far more than the market dictates - and it would seem they aren't prepared to take a loss. You can buy Blues for £35M, and that includes the £6M  to fix the ground. Why would you pay a premium for West Brom?

Even if we are promoted (which I think is unlikely) it just kicks the can down the road for another 3 years. You make your profit in a deal when you buy an asset, and Lai paid way too much for a club that was 1 bad season away from a long stint in the Championship.

Precisely. We are unfashionable and undesirable. There is absolutely no chance we will be promoted this season. We are a championship club for the long haul now. Get used to it folks