Jerome Thomas
(07-23-2022, 10:33 AM)Tippobaggie Wrote: Very talented winger, I think he finished Gary neville as well, fergie hooked him at half time or early second half if I remember rightly?

Believe Neville asked to come off at HT realising he was done at the top level.
Enzo was a freebie also
I told you I’ll be back
We were so good at picking up bargains. Sure we signed some duds, but the successes were so good and so cheap.
(07-23-2022, 10:45 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 10:33 AM)Tippobaggie Wrote: Very talented winger, I think he finished Gary neville as well, fergie hooked him at half time or early second half if I remember rightly?

Believe Neville asked to come off at HT realising he was done at the top level.

After getting away with the most blatant foul I've ever seen
Darren Fletcher on a free was an absolute amazing piece of business by the TITC, beat West Ham to him IIRC.
(07-23-2022, 11:02 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We were so good at picking up bargains. Sure we signed some duds, but the successes were so good and so cheap.

That team under Roy:

Long

Odemwingie
Morrison
Brunt 

Scharner
Mulumbu 

Ridgewell
Olsson
McAuley
Jones

Foster 

Then Dorrans, Dawson, Thomas, Reid, Shorey,

That team and subs cost approximately the same as Ollie Burke.

Not to mention
Outstanding signing by RDM.  

Was our best player up to christmas in that promo season.  Dorrans then ran the show from New Year onwards
(07-23-2022, 12:21 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Outstanding signing by RDM.  

Was our best player up to christmas in that promo season.  Dorrans then ran the show from New Year onwards

Indeed Manc, I’ve said it before but that side doesn’t get enough credit IMO, Mozza out injured for most of the season, no SKP or Gera yet still won more games and scored more goals than Mowbray’s team and yet is never mentioned in the same breath.
(07-23-2022, 04:41 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:

Indeed Manc, I’ve said it before but that side doesn’t get enough credit IMO, Mozza out injured for most of the season, no SKP or Gera yet still won more games and scored more goals than Mowbray’s team and yet is never mentioned in the same breath.

The standout feature of that team was how fit it was.
Don’t think we’ve ever looked even half as fit as we did that season since.
(07-23-2022, 04:45 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 04:41 PM)mickeypearce Wrote:

The standout feature of that team was how fit it was.
Don’t think we’ve ever looked even half as fit as we did that season since.

Correct - and that even includes Roy's team