Flares
(05-18-2022, 10:50 AM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: Our fanbase is old compared to other fans around the country ....this probably is just a snippet of what we are........we are old and moan alot .....other fan bases like Everton ,palace embrace it .

Embrace stupidity?
(05-18-2022, 10:21 AM)lemon Wrote: They were letting them off in the dressing rooms as well.  All smoke and mirrors.

I haven’t heard about that, personally but there’s no smoke without fire.
I hate the things. They fuggin stink. The ones that Barnsley were chuckin around a couple of weeks ago smelt like a mossive eggy fart.
You often see them at festivals and massive outdoor gigs.

Have to admit they look cool when set off at the opposite end of a field. But setting them off in a densely packed space, usually when utterly mangled on a mixture of booze and fuck knows what else is stupid and selfish in the extreme.
I've seen a lot of fans hand them to young kids (about 11 -16 years olds), who can't be patted down for legal reasons. The arches don't detect them and they get through. A lot of Liverpool fans did that at the FA Cup Final last weekend.
They make for good pictures, which is nice when you're not breathing in the smoke.
(05-18-2022, 11:00 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 10:50 AM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: Our fanbase is old compared to other fans around the country ....this probably is just a snippet of what we are........we are old and moan alot .....other fan bases like Everton ,palace embrace it .

Embrace stupidity?

I'm pointing out that they don't think it's stupidity it's where our fan base is at .....old and moan even you must agree with that ...I'm not a fan of them if they was by me but if there are aload letting them off and they are not disturbing me let them carry on .
(05-18-2022, 12:01 PM)Duffers Wrote: You often see them at festivals and massive outdoor gigs.

Have to admit they look cool when set off at the opposite end of a field. But setting them off in a densely packed space, usually when utterly mangled on a mixture of booze and fuck knows what else is stupid and selfish in the extreme.

Exactly. A few on the pitch in the open air, no bother. Letting them off in concourses and in pubs which seems to becoming more popular, prick move.
(05-18-2022, 12:29 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:

Embrace stupidity?

I'm pointing out that they don't think it's stupidity it's where our fan base is at .....old and moan even you must agree with that ...I'm not a fan of them if they was by me but if there are aload letting them off and they are not disturbing me let them carry on .

Well as long as they're not disturbing you then that's the main thing. Doesn't matter about other people.
(05-18-2022, 12:45 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 12:29 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote:

Embrace stupidity?

Well as long as they're not disturbing you then that's the main thing. Doesn't matter about other people.

I expect other people to say the same the Everton fans don't seem to mind or palace but what I've seen most don't mind the amount are in the ground.