Tony Mowbray
(04-29-2022, 10:40 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I still don't rate Smith at all by the way. He would have done worse than Moore, because he wouldn't have galvanised the club, nor found the players Moore did that summer.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I would rather have Moore back than Mowbray.
We are a different club compared to when Mowbray was here last. I think those wanting Mowbray back are probably getting a bit lost in nostalgia and expecting him to replicate what he did before.
(04-29-2022, 11:53 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: We are a different club compared to when Mowbray was here last. I think those wanting Mowbray back are probably getting a bit lost in nostalgia and expecting him to replicate what he did before.

But but but all those players with lovely soft feet.
(04-29-2022, 11:16 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 10:57 AM)Tambag Wrote: Ironic when TM did the rebuild back then we had more budget to spend then by some distance then we will have this summer.

Exactly we had the biggest budget and best squad in the division. Stoke only started spending more than us at Christmas. The of the league was very weak.

I look forward to Bruce slashing our wage bill, making a £10m profit in the transfer market, and getting us promoted as Champs playing some of the best football we've seen in decades!
(04-29-2022, 11:35 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 10:40 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I still don't rate Smith at all by the way. He would have done worse than Moore, because he wouldn't have galvanised the club, nor found the players Moore did that summer.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I would rather have Moore back than Mowbray.

I didn't call him Mogadon for nothing.
(04-29-2022, 12:13 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 10:57 AM)Tambag Wrote: Ironic when TM did the rebuild back then we had more budget to spend then by some distance then we will have this summer.

Exactly we had the biggest budget and best squad in the division. Stoke only started spending more than us at Christmas. The of the league was very weak.

I look forward to Bruce slashing our wage bill, making a £10m profit in the transfer market, and getting us promoted as Champs playing some of the best football we've seen in decades!

Let’s get you back to your room and we can sort out your lunchtime medication :-)
(04-29-2022, 12:13 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Peace sold the players to enable the rebuild 
Peace and previous managers / scouts afforded the club players to sell 
Peace cut the wage bill and the management team worked within it
Mowbray had still had a bigger transfer kitty than our rivals that season thanks to Peace’s ability to maximise profits. 

The football was built on sand, we could never defend properly as we never got the balance between ‘artists and soldiers’ right. Even when this was pointed out to TM at meet the manager nights around the area he patronised those who were ultimately proven correct in that analysis. 

When Bruce (if it is Bruce) has the best resources in the division next season (never going to happen) then we can compare.
Other than Fulham, did Val have the best resources in the league last season?
Gotta love this dump. Not only are we arguing about whether the current manager is any good, but also about whether they were better than the previous one, better than the ones that would have been the previous ones had they been preferred, better/worse than the next one who is not here yet and probably won't be here anyway, and whether they did a good job when they actually were here in the first place.

Big Grin
(04-29-2022, 01:08 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Gotta love this dump. Not only are we arguing about whether the current manager is any good, but also about whether they were better than the previous one, better than the ones that would have been the previous ones had they been preferred, better/worse than the next one who is not here yet and probably won't be here anyway, and whether they did a good job when they actually were here in the first place.

Big Grin

Wouldn't have it any other way.