Football fans.
Weird bunch aren't they?

Same voices slagging off Val for the football and falling out with players, now want Dyche so he can sort out these wasters. Which is what Val tried to do, and lost his job when players downed tools instead.

Weird bunch.
I mean, shouldn't any manager coming in be expected by us to sort these wasters out, so not sure what point you're trying to make.
(04-16-2022, 08:09 AM)HLS Wrote: I mean, shouldn't any manager coming in be expected by us to sort these wasters out, so not sure what point you're trying to make.

Because they go on about Val being awful, when he was trying to do exactly that, and personally Val ball is far more fun to watch, when players buy into it than what Dyche does.

Players didn't want to do it, and downed tools when he called them out for being lazy, idol shysters.
Well they're failing to keep up with who is more at fault. Until Val got sacked it was Val's fault and all we needed was a change of manager to get the best out of this squad. Then we got worse so it was the players fault.

Then again we beat Blackpool 2-1 at home yesterday so I guess it's Val's fault again.

Truth is the players have always been the issue. Whoever is here next season needs to have some sort of flexibility in the transfer market to 'freshen us up'. Whether that's Dyche or Bruce or anyone else.

On the plus side, Val asks his players to work harder than both Dyche and Bruce so maybe they'll be ok.
(04-16-2022, 08:46 AM)Sliced Wrote: Well they're failing to keep up with who is more at fault. Until Val got sacked it was Val's fault and all we needed  was a change of manager to get the best out of this squad. Then we got worse so it was the players fault.

Then again we beat Blackpool 2-1 at home yesterday so I guess it's Val's fault again.

Truth is the players have always been the issue. Whoever is here next season needs to have some sort of flexibility in the transfer market to 'freshen us up'. Whether that's Dyche or Bruce or anyone else.

On the plus side, Val asks his players to work harder than both Dyche and Bruce so maybe they'll be ok.

Indeed.

I said early on these players have severe issues, there's talent but lack of application, determination and desire will stop it from being as good as it could be. Talent is 10% of the equation, application, work rate and desire are the vast majority. They'll see Bruce off unless he is able to really make changes, and they'll see off the next one, and the next, until this squad is broken up and a rebuild is done.
(04-16-2022, 08:46 AM)Sliced Wrote: Well they're failing to keep up with who is more at fault. Until Val got sacked it was Val's fault and all we needed  was a change of manager to get the best out of this squad. Then we got worse so it was the players fault.

Bruce is the only manager that has called these players out for what they are. Bruce is the only manager yet to have a transfer window to bring in his own men. Bruce is the only one who has told these players that they need to shape up or ship out.

Val was just happy to be here. Constantly talking up these wasters and they got him the chop. Even Bilic, who is my favourite manager of recent time, did nothing but praise these players up…even after they almost bottled promotion.
(04-16-2022, 09:03 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Bruce is the only manager that has called these players out for what they are. Bruce is the only manager yet to have a transfer window to bring in his own men. Bruce is the only one who has told these players that they need to shape up or ship out.

Val was just happy to be here. Constantly talking up these wasters and they got him the chop. Even Bilic, who is my favourite manager of recent time, did nothing but praise these players up…even after they almost bottled promotion.

Behind the scenes Val was NOT praising them, that's what caused so many arguments, he approached it wrong possibly, but no, he would have happily shipped most of them out and replaced them, but he took the job knowing he wouldn't be able to do any major modifications, and like so many others, believed the players in training and pre-season.

Big Sam was totally right in what he said about the club, it would drift in this league without major work.
(04-16-2022, 09:06 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 09:03 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Behind the scenes Val was NOT praising them, that's what caused so many arguments, he approached it wrong possibly, but no, he would have happily shipped most of them out and replaced them, but he took the job knowing he wouldn't be able to do any major modifications, and like so many others, believed the players in training and pre-season.

Big Sam was totally right in what he said about the club, it would drift in this league without major work.

Yes, Big Sam bombed out the dossers as soon as he realised what they offered. 

I went from detesting the decision to sack Slav and replace him with Sam to genuinely gutted when Sam didn’t stay on. And that’s even with Sams overall poor win record with us.
Isn’t that part of management, in any field? Being able to bring a team together and not throw your toys out of the pram when it’s not working after 6 months. The players have to look at themselves, but as a manager, Val failed.
(04-16-2022, 09:15 AM)waffle Wrote: Isn’t that part of management, in any field? Being able to bring a team together and not throw your toys out of the pram when it’s not working after 6 months. The players have to look at themselves, but as a manager, Val failed.

Yep Val failed, no argument there, wrong man for the job at hand. But the blame is squarely on the board and players for me when it comes to this seasons performance.