Happy Brexit Day
Thank fuck for that.

And these are the one's you want to hand the control over to?

You're getting yourself tied up in knots here a bit - the EU commission don't make the laws, they're voted in by the EU parliament, they're effectively a research group that look at projects and then propose how to improve the status quo.

If you really think that the self-serving bunch of prats in the UK parliament can make their own beds in the morning let alone make up laws then you are deluded. They propose laws that their 'backers' tell them to. The backers will tend to be wealthy individuals or corporations that have their own pet politicians. Fucking democracy (place funny laughing emoty here)
(03-29-2019, 03:02 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Thank fuck for that.

And these are the one's you want to hand the control over to?

You're getting yourself tied up in knots here a bit - the EU commission don't make the laws, they're voted in by the EU parliament, they're effectively a research group that look at projects and then propose how to improve the status quo.

If you really think that the self-serving bunch of prats in the UK parliament can make their own beds in the morning let alone make up laws then you are deluded. They propose laws that their 'backers' tell them to. The backers will tend to be wealthy individuals or corporations that have their own pet politicians. Fucking democracy (place funny laughing emoty here)

Absolutely and very soon we can have a general election and vote them all out if we want.

Try voting out your beloved EU commission
Again, why would you want to vote them out? What have they done that has made your life worse?
(03-29-2019, 02:44 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 02:25 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 02:02 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 01:51 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:23 PM)Sunshine Wrote: We?

We can blame our own useless politicians for the state of the country without them being able to say its all the EUs fault.

Im not happy being ruled by an unelected foreign commission

Plural of I.

So your basic premise for voting to leave an institution is that you'd like to be able to blame someone else for the mess. 

And I'd be interested in understanding which rulings that the EU unelected commission (they're not all foreign btw, there have been a fair few Brits in there over the years) are you unhappy about?

So i am addressing the self proclaimed spokesperson of the boreds remainers?

Yes i prefer democracy where the people can vote out politicians that we dont agree with.

Thats impossible under EU law where the commissioners are appointed and unaccountable.

You do realise that EU law isn't created by the commissioners don't you? They propose laws that are for discussion and potential adoption by the elected parliament and council.

You do also know that you can take part in the EU elections don't you?

Yes but why cant elected reps propose laws?
How do you get rid of unelected unaccountable commissioners?

I prefer democracy, cheers

MEPs can't propose bills (not laws) because the parliament is designed to select and hold the commission in check to keep the commission in check, not propose laws. They are, however, able to propose amendments to bills before they pass as legislation. It is designed this way because there is not, and will never be unless there are extraordinary circumstances, a workable majority group within the parliament due to the wide range of parties, nations and voting systems used. The European parties are themselves only a coalition of national parties, and a coalition of coalitions is impossible as you would have bickering at two levels.

And you don't "remove" commissioners, the same way that you don't remove the cabinet ministers. MEPs however are able to force a resignation of a commissioner as seen by the collapse of the Santer Commission in 1999 before their terms had ended, and every commissioner is appointed by the directly elected parliament and must get approval by the council (the elected governments of the EU) before taking their terms. Each commission is appointed by the parliament every 5 years a few months after the European election to allow for people to settle down, with the next round of selections due in October 2019. The UK government have previously vetoed commissioners due to their federalist tendencies in spite of their selection by the parliament showing there are two separate democratic checks in place.

This is my problem with a referendum on the EU, people have no clue how it works or is structured. There is literally precedence in collapsing the commission by MEPs and MEPs have multiple times amended proposed legislation to suit the decisions of the parliament.
(03-29-2019, 03:20 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 02:44 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 02:25 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 02:02 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 01:51 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Plural of I.

So your basic premise for voting to leave an institution is that you'd like to be able to blame someone else for the mess. 

And I'd be interested in understanding which rulings that the EU unelected commission (they're not all foreign btw, there have been a fair few Brits in there over the years) are you unhappy about?

So i am addressing the self proclaimed spokesperson of the boreds remainers?

Yes i prefer democracy where the people can vote out politicians that we dont agree with.

Thats impossible under EU law where the commissioners are appointed and unaccountable.

You do realise that EU law isn't created by the commissioners don't you? They propose laws that are for discussion and potential adoption by the elected parliament and council.

You do also know that you can take part in the EU elections don't you?

Yes but why cant elected reps propose laws?
How do you get rid of unelected unaccountable commissioners?

I prefer democracy, cheers

MEPs can't propose bills (not laws) because the parliament is designed to select and hold the commission in check to keep the commission in check, not propose laws. They are, however, able to propose amendments to bills before they pass as legislation. It is designed this way because there is not, and will never be unless there are extraordinary circumstances, a workable majority group within the parliament due to the wide range of parties, nations and voting systems used. The European parties are themselves only a coalition of national parties, and a coalition of coalitions is impossible as you would have bickering at two levels.

And you don't "remove" commissioners, the same way that you don't remove the cabinet ministers. MEPs however are able to force a resignation of a commissioner as seen by the collapse of the Santer Commission in 1999 before their terms had ended, and every commissioner is appointed by the directly elected parliament and must get approval by the council (the elected governments of the EU) before taking their terms. Each commission is appointed by the parliament every 5 years a few months after the European election to allow for people to settle down, with the next round of selections due in October 2019. The UK government have previously vetoed commissioners due to their federalist tendencies in spite of their selection by the parliament showing there are two separate democratic checks in place.

This is my problem with a referendum on the EU, people have no clue how it works or is structured. There is literally precedence in collapsing the commission by MEPs and MEPs have multiple times amended proposed legislation to suit the decisions of the parliament.

And you can pack it in an'all. Apparently I'm the bored spokesperson for remainers. I didn't get consulted before you released this fact based post.
(03-29-2019, 03:20 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Again, why would you want to vote them out? What have they done that has made your life worse?

Wow, thats like a statement that Pinochet,Mugabe,Putin etc would use....

Why be able to vote them out, indeed.
(03-29-2019, 03:38 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 03:20 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Again, why would you want to vote them out? What have they done that has made your life worse?

Good argument, comparing a body that is part of a structured democracy to dictatorships. I can see why you would vote along with JRM, Boris, Farage, Gove and Fox, you do like to exaggerate the truth to suit your argument.
(03-29-2019, 04:12 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Good argument, comparing a body that is part of a structured democracy to dictatorships. I can see why you would vote along with JRM, Boris, Farage, Gove and Fox, you do like to exaggerate the truth to suit your argument.

Loathsome individuals but if we playing top trumps then ill give u Blair the war criminal
(03-29-2019, 05:02 PM)Sunshine Wrote:

Loathsome individuals but if we playing top trumps then ill give u Blair the war criminal

Seeing as you started with Pinochet and Mugabe and are now down to Blair then I'd say you're moving backwards rather rapidly. I'm surprised you haven't quoted Hitler as being pro-EU.

From what you've said you've clearly got no idea how the EU operates and are willing to believe anything that you are told by self-interested politicians. I can tell you clearly from an individual's and a business' point of view, leaving the EU is not in our best interests in any way whatsoever.

Anyway I've got a game to get to
(03-29-2019, 06:11 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 05:02 PM)Sunshine Wrote:

Seeing as you started with Pinochet and Mugabe and are now down to Blair then I'd say you're moving backwards rather rapidly. I'm surprised you haven't quoted Hitler as being pro-EU.

From what you've said you've clearly got no idea how the EU operates and are willing to believe anything that you are told by self-interested politicians. I can tell you clearly from an individual's and a business' point of view, leaving the EU is not in our best interests in any way whatsoever.

Anyway I've got a game to get to
Little bit of a shame we voted to leave then lol