Happy Brexit Day
Oh.    

What's happened ?
It’s going well, luckily all those that brought about the decision haven’t shirked their responsibilities and resigned, got dual nationality passports or moved assets abroad / made money from chaos.

Waves little Union Jack forlornly! (Yes, I know that’s not it’s official title).
Phew.

I feared the government and Westminster would have fucked it all up.
(03-29-2019, 08:45 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s going well, luckily all those that brought about the decision haven’t shirked their responsibilities and resigned, got dual nationality passports or moved assets abroad / made money from chaos.

Waves little Union Jack forlornly! (Yes, I know that’s not it’s official title).

Interestingly enough (!), I heard an expert on flags talking on the radio the other week and he said it's perfectly acceptable to call the Union Jack the Union Jack whether it's on a ship or not. The insistence that it should be the Union Flag when on land is apparently not correct and has no historical basis, but it's become a widespread myth. I imagine pedants across the land spontaneously combust when they discover the truth.
I assume everyone who voted Leave is celebrating by punching themselves in the bollocks.
(03-29-2019, 09:56 AM)Duffers Wrote: I assume everyone who voted Leave is celebrating by punching themselves in the bollocks.

Big Grin  At least it’s their good old, stoic, rule Britannia bollocks!
(03-29-2019, 09:30 AM)steviedm Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 08:45 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s going well, luckily all those that brought about the decision haven’t shirked their responsibilities and resigned, got dual nationality passports or moved assets abroad / made money from chaos.

Interestingly enough (!), I heard an expert on flags talking on the radio the other week and he said it's perfectly acceptable to call the Union Jack the Union Jack whether it's on a ship or not. The insistence that it should be the Union Flag when on land is apparently not correct and has no historical basis, but it's become a widespread myth. I imagine pedants across the land spontaneously combust when they discover the truth.

Tis true, the entire thing dates back to the era under Charles 11, he demanded that all Royal Navy ship fly the union
flag at the bow, this required a smaller version of the flag and the word Jack used to mean small during that period
(03-29-2019, 10:20 AM)Beano Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 09:30 AM)steviedm Wrote:

Tis true, the entire thing dates back to the era under Charles 11, he demanded that all Royal Navy ship fly the union
flag at the bow, this required a smaller version of the flag and the word Jack used to mean small during that period
Logically, then, it's always the the Union Flag except when it's flown at sea when it is the Union Flag known as the Union Jack....

I bet Wiki knows....  Ah Ah Ah!
(03-29-2019, 09:56 AM)Duffers Wrote: I assume everyone who voted Leave is celebrating by punching themselves in the bollocks.

I suspect there will be a lot of metaphorical bollox punched in the next GE by voters on both sides
I didnt vote in first referendum but id vote leave if there was a second one.