On this day in 2001
We beat Tranmere 2-1 at the Hawthorns. Super Bob with both our goals. Koumas with theirs.

I hate how long ago 2001 is. I feel old now!
Clarnet v2.0
(03-25-2019, 12:58 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: We beat Tranmere 2-1 at the Hawthorns. Super Bob with both our goals. Koumas with theirs.

We sure did. Live on Sunday afternoon telly. 

It was a week after Wolves murdered us 3-1 at molineux. Meggo pretty much decided sneekes days were numbered after that game
(03-25-2019, 01:19 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 12:58 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: We beat Tranmere 2-1 at the Hawthorns. Super Bob with both our goals. Koumas with theirs.

It was a week after Wolves murdered us 3-1 at molineux. Meggo pretty much decided sneekes days were numbered after that game
Didn't Clement get a worldie of a consolation, in that defeat to Wolves. 

I think that 2001 season was the last time they had the better of us, really?
Clarnet v2.0
(03-25-2019, 01:27 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:

That’s the game. George Ndah was v good that day

Tbf we won the home game 1-0 - Hughesy pen.  We still finished well above them that season

Think once you're in your 30s the whole concept of time and how long ago things were gets very alarming.
I got married that year and when I look at photos of my jet black hair, which is now more than 50% grey it shocks me.
Appreciate time passing by, it's a privilege not afforded to all.
(03-25-2019, 01:27 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:

We just never showed up that day. Clem's goal was superb, but so pissed off were all the Albion fans it barely raised a cheer. I always think of that defeat as the marker after which we pretty much dominated the Dings for 17 years.
Remember that game when Wolves beat us at the Hawthorns? Ewan Roberts banging 'em in at The Brummie Rd, 3 down after about 20 minutes. If I'd concocted a nightmare the night before, that is what it would have looked like. I can't express how much I've enjoyed battering Wolves over the last 15 years.
(03-25-2019, 07:34 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Remember that game when Wolves beat us at the Hawthorns?  Ewan Roberts banging 'em in at The Brummie Rd, 3 down after about 20 minutes.   If I'd concocted a nightmare the night before, that is what it would have looked like. I can't express how much I've enjoyed battering Wolves over the last 15 years.

1996?

I also believe that's the last time they won at the Shrine.
Clarnet v2.0
(03-25-2019, 07:36 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 07:34 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Remember that game when Wolves beat us at the Hawthorns?  Ewan Roberts banging 'em in at The Brummie Rd, 3 down after about 20 minutes.   If I'd concocted a nightmare the night before, that is what it would have looked like. I can't express how much I've enjoyed battering Wolves over the last 15 years.

1996?

I also believe that's the last time they won at the Shrine.

Correct.  That 97 season was the watershed for me.  They have not beaten us often at all since and slowly declined/ whilst we improved. 

Until the last 18 months that is  Sad

I watched it in a pub near Tooting Bec. Remember it well. I think we were a bit lucky and seemed to battle to win it, once they scored.