When will we, will we leave Europe???
(03-20-2019, 05:00 PM)Sunshine Wrote: Tusk said they will accept short delay if agreement is voted thru next week.
If its voted thru why delay?

TU trying to rinse us for a few more quid I suspect.
Leave means we'll put the Tory Party and May's career before the Nation's best interests.
As the EU do not want us to leave without a deal I fail to understand how we are at the position we are now. Our bargaining position should have been we are leaving on the 29th March 2019, it was nice to know you but we are off and let the EU come begging to us for some form of deal, we would have been in a much stronger position. I do not understand why we went cap in hand to them.

I am still of the opinion that the majority of our MP's do not want to leave, and are manipulating a situation that we "leave" without actually leaving.
(03-20-2019, 08:42 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Leave means we'll put the Tory Party and May's career before the Nation's best interests.

Put a remainer in as PM and it was bound to be a fugg up. You voted leave? Tough. Its remain or remain lite. Shackled to the EU for eternity.
May will lose the vote next week and resign, if you think you have seen bedlam and chaos up to this point
in the Tory party wait until that happens.

Corbyn will take full advantage and do nothing but propose everything.
(03-22-2019, 08:51 AM)Beano Wrote: May will lose the vote next week and resign, if you think you have seen bedlam and chaos up to this point

Seems a reasonable summary. Could we organise a petition for all MP's to resign and promise never to stand again - I reckon that would attract millions of signatures from all sides of the debate  Big Grin
(03-22-2019, 08:54 AM)strawman Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 08:51 AM)Beano Wrote: May will lose the vote next week and resign, if you think you have seen bedlam and chaos up to this point

Seems a reasonable summary. Could we organise a petition for all MP's to resign and promise never to stand again - I reckon that would attract millions of signatures from all sides of the debate  Big Grin

Seconded Cool
(03-21-2019, 09:19 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 08:42 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Leave means we'll put the Tory Party and May's career before the Nation's best interests.

Put a remainer in as PM and it was bound to be a fugg up. You voted leave? Tough. Its remain or remain lite. Shackled to the EU for eternity.
Problem is CIM that 80 per cent of elected politicians think leaving is bad for the country. We then have a few far right Old Etonians, who most of the country don't want leading it.
To add to this, let's be honest leave won by a tiny percentage. It's half and half really, where it's a huge issue that can change a generation based on a tiny percentage. It's hardly a convincing majority want out.
The we won simplistic black and white argument by people like you just doesn't wash with the vast majority. 
It was going to be a mess regardless.
(03-26-2019, 11:19 AM)Only one real Albion Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 09:19 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Problem is CIM that 80 per cent of elected politicians think leaving is bad for the country. We then have a few far right Old Etonians, who most of the country don't want leading it.
To add to this, let's be honest leave won by a tiny percentage. It's half and half really, where it's a huge issue that can change a generation based on a tiny percentage. It's hardly a convincing majority want out.
The we won simplistic black and white argument by people like you just doesn't wash with the vast majority. 
It was going to be a mess regardless.

It was going to be a mess from the moment that May thought she could be a negotiator, she was quickly taken
apart by Barnier and his team having made simple fundamental mistakes. 

Now even Larry the Downing Street cat wants her gone
Since when have we been leaving Europe? We are part of Europe. It's a club within Europe we were looking to leave. But the establishment will see to it that we will in effect remain.