Townsend
I've not been his biggest fan but I think he's come in and done well the last two games.
Much improved yesterday. If Johnstone hadn't made world class save Wednesday he would have been scrutinised for some woeful defending.
(03-17-2019, 02:10 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Much improved yesterday.  If Johnstone hadn't made world class save Wednesday he would have been scrutinised for some woeful defending.

Yep - 2 monumental howlers v Swansea. Thankfully didn’t cost us
Stating the obviously but he’s clearly a league one player. Can’t knock his effort though so he’ll do
(03-17-2019, 02:47 PM)aj21 Wrote: Stating the obviously but he’s clearly a league one player. Can’t knock his effort though so he’ll do

Exactly this.
Yep. He's not really good enough but he gives his maximum every game. Can't criticise him, he is what he is.
(03-17-2019, 02:30 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 02:10 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Much improved yesterday.  If Johnstone hadn't made world class save Wednesday he would have been scrutinised for some woeful defending.

I remember the one. He just needed to put his wrong foot through the ball to clear it but chose his favoured leg and made a terrible hash. Hopefully it is these things that will improve his future judgement. Having said that, I've been quietly pleased by his play. It certainly makes a nonsense of the idea we needed  Brian Oviedo, FFS.
(03-17-2019, 05:24 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 02:30 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

I remember the one. He just needed to put his wrong foot through the ball to clear it but chose his favoured leg and made a terrible hash. Hopefully it is these things that will improve his future judgement. Having said that, I've been quietly pleased by his play. It certainly makes a nonsense of the idea we needed  Brian Oviedo, FFS.
I think he is another good prospect that will improve the more games he plays, tbh trying to fill Gibbs shoes is one hell of a task.
His block yesterday was top drawer.
Oviedo was a strange one. Sunderland fans don't rate him at league one level. Why Jones was desperate to bring him in is beyond me.