Dike out for 8 weeks
Rotten luck. Imagine if we paid a shed load to loan him for 6 months like we thought it was going to be
There are actually fans on Twitter blaming Val for this, what have we become?
I'm not usually one to go on about luck but we're having absolutely none this season. V.I. must feel like putting his fist through a wall.

Rotten luck on Dike, Val and all of us.
Weren't we linked with Muriqi from Lazio at some stage?
Just about sums up the luck we have.

I suppose to spin it, if we do get a loan in to cover Dike's absence, we'll be well stocked by the time he returns from injury. One things for certain, we don't have another forward at the club that has the same abilities / strengths as Dike, so we can't rely on the rest of them to cover for 8 weeks.

If Val was genuinely after a CH, the budget allocated for that needs to be shifted to another CF.
(01-25-2022, 11:43 AM)Loanee Wrote: There are actually fans on Twitter blaming Val for this, what have we become?

It's ridiculous. Imagine if he hadn't started him and said he wasn't fit enough....

He was passed off as fit by the medical team. Injuries happen. Just our luck this season is a joke.
I'm not a big believer in luck, but some managers definitely seem to have more of it then others.

This feels as bad as when Leicester recalled Harvey Barnes.
It would have better if Dike had been sent off in that challenge with the QPR defender!

(01-25-2022, 11:40 AM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 11:31 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: Woodrow is also out with a knee injury - so he’s not the answer either!

Carroll and Sturridge on short term contracts incoming….

Jeez. Had not spotted this. He’s being assessed ‘month by month’. 

Delap at City would work but can’t see him going anywhere now he’s back from injury with City bereft of a striker.

Woodrow out since 11th December and has just had knee surgery
(01-25-2022, 11:43 AM)Loanee Wrote: There are actually fans on Twitter blaming Val for this, what have we become?

They are idiots. Some are probably blaming him for covid as well.
If this was Football Manager I'd be reloading about now