Derby...Again
(01-15-2022, 02:27 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 02:23 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I thought Ashley was Spunking £50M to sort it all out? Must admit I'm out of touch with the present situation.

That would suffice if it wasn’t for the legal actions by Boro and Wycombe.  It doesn’t cover those. That’s the problem.

And then there’s the “£80m valued stadium”
Currently 2 nil up against Sheff Utd. It'll be hilarious if they manage to claw themselves up to 21st only to be insolvent.
(01-15-2022, 04:39 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Currently 2 nil up against Sheff Utd. It'll be hilarious if they manage to claw themselves up to 21st only to be insolvent.

:-)
Get Rooney in Lai.
Rooney certainly earning a chance at a club not in such dire straits.
(01-15-2022, 04:41 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Rooney certainly earning a chance at a club not in such dire straits.
Yep. At the end of last season I couldnt see him getting another job. Now he'll definitely get one at champ level
(01-15-2022, 04:41 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Rooney certainly earning a chance at a club not in such dire straits.

Agreed, he has surprised me at how well he has done considering the shitshow that is Derby
Maybe instead of thinking about players from them, we should look at a manager who has squeezed the best from past it players, seemingly permanent under achievers and made youth players look like seasoned pros.
There's a real vibe among their fans. You could feel it against Stoke. A real fist-pumping 'us against the world' and we're going to win feeling. 

They've now been told they can't sign players and have lost Jagielka to us because of it as he'd reached the end of his contract with them. Rooney's said to be furious about it. He's bound to want out if this carries on, but he's doing his reputation no harm in the meantime.
I'd have Rooney in a heartbeat. Doing a better job at Derby than Lampard ever did.

Can we get him on the very cheap if they're on the brink? Someone offer the administrators a fiver and a grill in the Desi.