No 10 Parties
(01-13-2022, 09:04 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 08:37 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 07:15 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 06:39 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:33 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Two responses spring to mind:

1 - when you believe something is so stupid and obviously self-damaging as Brexit, it's extremely difficult to shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, let's make the best of it".

2 - where the whole of Parliament went wrong was going for the election in December 2019. Boris trying to run a minority government was the best thing for Britain, would have exposed him sooner as the charlatan that he is and would have led (in the end) to a more intelligent approach in negotiating the beneficial Brexit that some people believed was possible, indeed expected. Every single opposition party failed to see what was screamingly obvious to we ordinary folks, that Boris would win by a mile.

The irony of all of this is we have the fastest growing economy in the G7.

Whilst the after work drinks ( I love some people’s definition of party, they must be dull) was stupefying incompetence by Martin Reynolds and the tories there are bigger issues on the horizon that need resolving.

There is little talent in Westminster these days (across all parties). Anyone setting up a new centrist party   Could be onto a winner.

Well that is a horrible misuse of statistics.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fd6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.n...&width=700]

Have a look at the OECD growth forecast for the next two years and come back to me.

You're referring to the OECD growth forecast that predicts us to have the second lowest rate of growth (ahead of Japan) in 2023 out of the G7 (joint 4th lowest in the G20, level with Brazil and ahead of Japan, South Africa and Australia) post-recovery?

Also, I would like to point to your attention that the graph I used, from the Financial Times, has it's metrics sourced from the OECD (hence the source being listed as OECD). 

Do you know why our GDP growth rate for 2021 and 2022 is projected to be highest in the G7? Because it fell the furthest in 2020, it needs to gain the most to recover to what it was in Q1 2019. The only sensible measure is time taken to recover to Q1 2019 GDP, the fastest was the US, France is second as per their recently released growth figures for Q4 2021, and the UK is expected to be the second slowest ahead of only Japan.

I refer back to my previous statement, you are misrepresenting statistics. You're not the only one, renown liar who has been sacked from two jobs Boris Johnson has also misrepresented the exact same statistic.

Conversely in 2022 the second highest growth, but you didn’t mention that.

Lies damn lies and statistics.

Back in 2016 PWC were forecasting that the UK could have the fastest growing economy in the G7 up to 2050. One benefit we have is the large number of working age adults compared toothed EU countries.

Bloomberg used the same stats in a December 21 article confirming the fastest growing economy.

Time will tell ……..
For fucks sakes, I did mention it by contextualising it. Growth rates are high because they fell the most, we're going to have the second slowest recovery which will go into 2022 hence projected growth rates remaining high. Once we're projected to have recovered our growth rates plummets. France and the US have already recovered to their Q4 2019 while we haven't so there is no possible way we could have the fastest recovery.

You're as bad as Boris Johnson. Do you seriously need me to put this into Excel to show my point?
(01-13-2022, 11:06 PM)Loanee Wrote: Anyone vote Tory at the last election now changed their mind about Johnson / the party?

No one then
(01-14-2022, 11:16 AM)Loanee Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 11:06 PM)Loanee Wrote: Anyone vote Tory at the last election now changed their mind about Johnson / the party?

No one then

As I've said clearly on here before, I've voted for them the last 3 elections but can't see myself doing so again.

I'll have a look at the manifestos and pledges when they come out and make a decision on who i will vote for based on that.
(01-14-2022, 11:43 AM)Sotv Wrote:

No one then

As I've said clearly on here before, I've voted for them the last 3 elections but can't see myself doing so again.

I'll have a look at the manifestos and pledges when they come out and make a decision on who i will vote for based on that.

So when they promise the earth and sunlit uplands you'll think 'these seem like the one's I want to vote for' completely forgetting where the last 10 years has left us then.
(01-14-2022, 11:55 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

No one then

So when they promise the earth and sunlit uplands you'll think 'these seem like the one's I want to vote for' completely forgetting where the last 10 years has left us then.
I didn't realise you were both a mind reader and fortune teller, well done.

No one then

Exactly, oh you’ve been a shower of shite for a decade, nothing really has got better for most people but now I’ve read the greatest work of fiction… sorry new manifesto by the Shower of Shite party I will vote for them because it sounds great.
(01-14-2022, 12:14 PM)Sotv Wrote:

No one then

I didn't realise you were both a mind reader and fortune teller, well done.

Thankyou, some recognition at last
It's almost as though all sides manifestos are not works of fiction.
No Government is bound by them and policies have to change to suit current events.

Another my team is more believable than your team load of bollox.
(01-14-2022, 12:18 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

No one then

Exactly, oh you’ve been a shower of shite for a decade, nothing really has got better for most people but now I’ve read the greatest work of fiction… sorry new manifesto by the Shower of Shite party I will vote for them because it sounds great.
Sorry for being open minded enough to look at all offerings from all parties. What’s that thing you like to say about politics and football teams again Dekka?