No 10 Parties
Putting the hand wringing to one side a minute...

What a bunch of debaucherates.  Constantly on the piss with work colleagues.  Have they no friends?
The irony is of all the bad things he has done it's a party that has finished him.
This won't be the end of him. The Tories will keep him in place to ride the current storms, what with the pandemic and Brexit changes taking effect. They'll ditch him well before the next election, with another "the Conservative Party has changed" initiative. It'll probably work for them.
(01-12-2022, 02:46 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: This won't be the end of him. The Tories will keep him in place to ride the current storms, what with the pandemic and Brexit changes taking effect. They'll ditch him well before the next election, with another "the Conservative Party has changed" initiative. It'll probably work for them.

I agree. they need him to suck up all the remaining shite, and the new man/woman will then have a clean slate.

I can't see anything other than all restrictions being dropped on 26th (which I think will be proven to be a correct decision) because the right wing backbenchers will hang him, otherwise.
I'll be surprised if he rides it out. Four opposition parties demanding resignation at once and the public in a fury. They'll need to do something....
bradesbaggie Wrote:The irony is of all the bad things he has done it's a party that has finished him.

True. The inevitable consequence of behaving like an irresponsible fop.
(01-12-2022, 02:14 PM)SophLad Wrote: Have they no friends?

MPs? By and large, no.
(01-12-2022, 03:01 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 02:14 PM)SophLad Wrote: Have they no friends?

MPs? By and large, no.

They really are a strange  bunch aren't they? Whichever party they belong to. I meet a fair few and it never fails to suprise me how many of them really aren't very bright at all.
(01-12-2022, 02:14 PM)SophLad Wrote: What a bunch of debaucherates.  Constantly on the piss with work colleagues.  Have they no friends?

All their non civil servant mates were in lock down and couldn't party  Wink
(01-12-2022, 02:46 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: This won't be the end of him. The Tories will keep him in place to ride the current storms, what with the pandemic and Brexit changes taking effect. They'll ditch him well before the next election, with another "the Conservative Party has changed" initiative. It'll probably work for them.

When you look at the alternatives to the Tories it's pretty grim all round