Just done.
What’s really pathetic is the number of our lot on Twitter getting pissy because Brighton call themselves Albion too.
(01-08-2022, 07:34 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Absolutely detest our fans.

Honestly we are worse than Vila fans have ever been now.

Anyone want a forum?

This is serious.

I almost posted a flounce myself. 

I have also "had it off" (in the loosest, calmest, doesn't matter, kinda way) with my old man today. His brexit mindset has following through to football and he cannot see whats in front of him minute ti minute in the game. He only sees negatives, ignores the good, has abandoned what he used to see and like, just because he's set his mind on something. 

My disdain with fans at the match is extending to most football fans, full stop. Actually most people.

But I withdraw my threatened flounce. As it is obvious something I need to ride out with people.
(01-08-2022, 07:53 PM)Duffers Wrote: What’s really pathetic is the number of our lot on Twitter getting pissy because Brighton call themselves Albion too.

Just as well we are not West Bromwich United.
Can’t believe anyone actually lets a football comment n a forum, a messageboard, or comment on Twitter etc bother them.

Surely the last few years have taught us that life’s too short
(01-08-2022, 07:46 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Even on here it's moving from fair to over the top, reactionary nonsense.

But yes, it is even worse elsewhere, as usual.

I don’t think most of the fans who have been critical today are being reactionary. I’m starting to lose faith in the manager due to results, judged against resources. 12 matches, 2 wins, 6 goals and 6 sendings off isn’t good enough given the quality of teams we have played. 

The season doesn’t end in January and there is plenty of time to turn our form around and get promoted which imo should be our aim. It’s in the managers hands to improve our form and hopefully he can do it.

On a personal note given I cannot go to matches currently I am getting more and more distanced from the club and I’m not sure I’m missing it as much as I thought I would.
Duffers Wrote:What’s really pathetic is the number of our lot on Twitter getting pissy because Brighton call themselves Albion too.

Pathetic!  That's absolutely justified. Albion, Blue and White stripes. They're like a fucking tribute band that's got lucky because the real band has given up.
Been thinking this meself Birdy, moreso after todays so-called attendance.

All i hear off people is moan moan moan. This is shit, that is shit, he's shit, the managers shit........

I agree, a large proportion of our fanbase have turned into arrogant, entitled gobshites. Exactly what we crow about Seals and Dings being.

I don't know the ages of some of these moaners. But if they are 40+ they should know what a struggling, directionless football club looks like. It was us in the 80's and 90's. Nothing like we are now, or have been for 20yrs.

Over these last 20yrs we have a lowest overall league position of 24th. Out of 92. Compare that with the shite we used to put up with. We are self-sufficient, not a penny in debt, and whatever anyone else says we do have a plan, hence giving a manager a 4yr contract and trying hard to give him the tools he needs.

You may nitpick on tactics, style, substitutions etc but remember Lord Megson? Some of the football served up under him was terrible. 1-0 to the Albion, etc. But we went up. Remember the dashing, total football served up under Mogga? 4-3 to the Albion, etc. Same ending as Megson, we went up.

A large proportion of our fanbase need to have a good look at themselves. If you don't want to come, if you don't want to support, then fine. Feck off. The 6k or so that were there today got behind the team. No moaning. No bleating. Just support. I'd rather that than another 15k being there, moaning, groaning and think they know everything and think they can do a better job.

I used to be proud to be a Baggie. We were a realistic, humourous bunch who got behind the team, only going ballistic when things were really bad. We seem to have turned into whining kids overnight who've thrown the toys out and are now sitting in the corner, arms folded, scowling face and bleating that its so unfair and i hate you!

Get a fuggin grip the lot on ya.
(01-08-2022, 08:05 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Been thinking this meself Birdy, moreso after todays so-called attendance.

All i hear off people is moan moan moan. This is shit, that is shit, he's shit, the managers shit........

I agree, a large proportion of our fanbase have turned into arrogant, entitled gobshites. Exactly what we crow about Seals and Dings being.

I don't know the ages of some of these moaners. But if they are 40+ they should know what a struggling, directionless football club looks like. It was us in the 80's and 90's. Nothing like we are now, or have been for 20yrs.

Over these last 20yrs we have a lowest overall league position of 24th. Out of 92. Compare that with the shite we used to put up with. We are self-sufficient, not a penny in debt, and whatever anyone else says we do have a plan, hence giving a manager a 4yr contract and trying hard to give him the tools he needs.

You may nitpick on tactics, style, substitutions etc but remember Lord Megson? Some of the football served up under him was terrible. 1-0 to the Albion, etc. But we went up. Remember the dashing, total football served up under Mogga? 4-3 to the Albion, etc. Same ending as Megson, we went up.

A large proportion of our fanbase need to have a good look at themselves. If you don't want to come, if you don't want to support, then fine. Feck off. The 6k or so that were there today got behind the team. No moaning. No bleating. Just support. I'd rather that than another 15k being there, moaning, groaning and think they know everything and think they can do a better job.

I used to be proud to be a Baggie. We were a realistic, humourous bunch who got behind the team, only going ballistic when things were really bad. We seem to have turned into whining kids overnight who've thrown the toys out and are now sitting in the corner, arms folded, scowling face and bleating that its so unfair and i hate you!

Great post.
(01-08-2022, 08:09 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 08:05 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Been thinking this meself Birdy, moreso after todays so-called attendance.

Great post.

Agreed. The fans that went today were decent. I didn't hear any negativity. It was disappointing to get the red card because if that hadn't happened we may well be in the 4th round.

Anyone who was at the Woking game will tell you how shit it can really be, and there wasn't much to shout about for almost 10 years before or after that. We knew the teams limitations though and supported them. There were some dark days, like Shrewsbury away and the end of Gould, but on the whole we were a more tolerant lot back then.