Match fred
(01-08-2022, 05:34 PM)throstle2000 Wrote: Cleary really didnt get to see the ball at all.

Did he see all obstacles in his way?
I suppose it was only going to end one way once Kipre went off. But taking TGH off without a proper midfielder to replace him was strange to say the least. I don't believe Reach was "the worst player on the pitch" by any means (was it Bob Fossil said that?) but he isn't a centre midfielder. Taking off all three senior strikers while we were just one goal up was also naive. Did Livermore drop into the back five after the sending off, or did we try a back four? Wasn't really clear to me. Did it improve us when Taylor came on? Absolutely not.

What do I take from today?
1 - Diangana has nothing to offer.
2 - Ismael's in-game management is poor.
3 - Many of the players were dangerously lippy to the ref in the later stages. We can expect many more cards if they don't stop that.

So nothing new.

(01-08-2022, 05:50 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 05:34 PM)throstle2000 Wrote: Cleary really didnt get to see the ball at all.

At least the rain had gone.
(01-08-2022, 05:50 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: I suppose it was only going to end one way once Kipre went off. But taking TGH off without a proper midfielder to replace him was strange to say the least. I don't believe Reach was "the worst player on the pitch" by any means (was it Bob Fossil said that?) but he isn't a centre midfielder. Taking off all three senior strikers while we were just one goal up was also naive. Did Livermore drop into the back five after the sending off, or did we try a back four? Wasn't really clear to me. Did it improve us when Taylor came on? Absolutely not.

3 - Many of the players were dangerously lippy to the ref in the later stages. We can expect many more cards if they don't stop that.

So nothing new.

Quite a few dark clouds at the moment though!
Does anybody not think the changes were made to protect players for QPR and to give some youngsters an opportunity

He obviously couldn’t second guess Kipre Red, for me TGH is being kept for next Saturday, nothing more

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-08-2022, 05:50 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: I suppose it was only going to end one way once Kipre went off. But taking TGH off without a proper midfielder to replace him was strange to say the least. I don't believe Reach was "the worst player on the pitch" by any means (was it Bob Fossil said that?) but he isn't a centre midfielder. Taking off all three senior strikers while we were just one goal up was also naive. Did Livermore drop into the back five after the sending off, or did we try a back four? Wasn't really clear to me. Did it improve us when Taylor came on? Absolutely not.

So nothing new.

I did indeed and stand by it, offered next to nothing, his short passing was poor, his long range passing pretty abysmal and his set pieces dire.
Apart from that, he did ok.  Wink

No great disappointment, we did ok until the sending off and I think that was harsh. Certainly wasn't ill discipline per se, more just a bit clumsy. Maupay had ref in his pocket all day and used every bit of his greed league training to do so. Embarrassing really. Because of the small crowd, you could hear him, literally, screaming at every touch and constantly barracking the ref who fell for it hook line and sinker. Horrible part of the modern game that makes my piss boil.
(01-08-2022, 05:55 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Does anybody not think the changes were made to protect players for QPR and to give some youngsters an opportunity

He obviously couldn’t second guess Kipre Red, for me TGH is being kept for next Saturday, nothing more

Cuzer

Those were my thoughts.  But the last time TGH was MOM Val dropped him for the next game.  So I bottled the post Smile   Val rates him highly though, we know that, so is deffo protecting him.
(01-08-2022, 05:55 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Does anybody not think the changes were made to protect players for QPR and to give some youngsters an opportunity

Cuzer

Yep.

We went for it, were looking comfortable until Cedric's silly second.

Disappointing but not disastrous by any means.
No complaints about the team we put out or the way we played. Kipper was a bit clumsy and naive to get 2nd yellow, but they were after it all game. Chucking themselves about and crying whenever we went near them, especially Mope-ay. Dick.

The only people who let us down today were the fans who couldn't be bothered to attend a first-team home game at 3pm on a Saturday. We had about 6k fans there. Embarrasing.
(01-08-2022, 06:14 PM)MrFizz Wrote: No complaints about the team we put out or the way we played. Kipper was a bit clumsy and naive to get 2nd yellow, but they were after it all game. Chucking themselves about and crying whenever we went near them, especially Mope-ay. Dick.

The only people who let us down today were the fans who couldn't be bothered to attend a first-team home game at 3pm on a Saturday. We had about 6k fans there. Embarrasing.

Trouble is our attendances have been dropping every league game since Blues and although I agree today's att was embarrassing maybe it's a reflection of our recent performances .Traditionally 3rd rd FACup games used to be a highlight of the season but crowds everywhere are a lot lower than ñormal .
(01-08-2022, 06:19 PM)YoYoBaggie Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 06:14 PM)MrFizz Wrote: No complaints about the team we put out or the way we played. Kipper was a bit clumsy and naive to get 2nd yellow, but they were after it all game. Chucking themselves about and crying whenever we went near them, especially Mope-ay. Dick.

Trouble is our attendances have been dropping every league game since Blues and although I agree today's att was embarrassing maybe it's a reflection of our recent performances .Traditionally 3rd rd FACup games used to be a highlight of the season but crowds everywhere are a lot lower than ñormal .

Football has changed.  I've said it elsewhere but where was the jeopardy today.  Did anyone REALLY care if we were knocked out.  I think the whole club just wanted this out the way so we could move onto QPR. Even Massi said the same on his podcast.