Petrol and Diesel
Yesterday, I stuck just over 60L into the Skoda which, for the first time ever, cost me over £100 (100.22 to be exact). Feel really sorry for young people just starting out on adulthood. Everything is hideously expensive.
(11-21-2021, 12:09 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 03:52 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Erm I never said anything about the care bill as it seemed very vague / empty gestures. As most of this governments policies.

You don't need to have read the Care bill in any detail to deduce what this policy implied from day one.

With this government I always ask the following: 

Is it a lie? 
Will they U Turn? 
Does it allow Conservative MPs, and their friends access to millions / billions in public money?
Will they delete / lose / damage / a phone with a WhattsApp conversation and supporting emails? 
Will it protect / appeal to their base financially or ideologically?
Does it potentially weaken our rights, or protections? 
Does it play silly culture wars?

If it doesn’t involve any of these it’s not this governments policy
(11-21-2021, 03:18 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 03:52 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Erm I never said anything about the care bill as it seemed very vague / empty gestures. As most of this governments policies.

You don't need to have read the Care bill in any detail to deduce what this policy implied from day one.

Is it a lie? 
Will they U Turn? 
Does it allow Conservative MPs, and their friends access to millions / billions in public money?
Will they delete / lose / damage / a phone with a WhattsApp conversation and supporting emails? 

So you start from a position of prejudice and work from there. Well done on your open minded attitude
(11-21-2021, 08:58 PM)Sotv Wrote:

Is it a lie? 
Will they U Turn? 
Does it allow Conservative’s, and their friends access to millions / billions in public money?

So you start from a position of prejudice and work from there. Well done on your open minded attitude

A position of experience. Talking of which you seem to be experiencing amnesia given all of the things listed above have occurred in the past 18mths.

Is it a lie? 
Will they U Turn? 

I simply ask. Will it cost me more?

The answer is invariably yes. I sigh and get on with my life. Like most people.
(11-22-2021, 12:00 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Is it a lie? 
Will they U Turn? 

I simply ask. Will it cost me more?

The answer is invariably yes. I sigh and get on with my life. Like most people.

Hmm, you joined a political party, campaigned for years for a political party, you went to party conferences and worked within the local party system. If that’s a shrug of the shoulders at your ambivalence to politics like ‘most people’, then I imagine you’d do the Fosbury Flop if you were bothered.
(11-22-2021, 01:19 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Hmm, you joined a political party, campaigned for years for a political party, you went to party conferences and worked within the local party system. If that’s a shrug of the shoulders at your ambivalence to politics like ‘most people’, then I imagine you’d do the Fosbury Flop if you were bothered.

Ambivalence is the best policy when there's no political party that represents my interests whatsoever. I have left, it's no longer anything to do with me. I tried and failed to promote liberal values and sound money. 

I accept I've lost. So for now my sole focus will be my businesses and family.

The alternative is to rail against the dying of the light and ultimately, madness.
(11-22-2021, 01:36 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 01:19 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Hmm, you joined a political party, campaigned for years for a political party, you went to party conferences and worked within the local party system. If that’s a shrug of the shoulders at your ambivalence to politics like ‘most people’, then I imagine you’d do the Fosbury Flop if you were bothered.

Ambivalence is the best policy when there's no political party that represents my interests whatsoever. I have left, it's no longer anything to do with me. I tried and failed to promote liberal values and sound money. 

The alternative is to rail against the dying of the light and ultimately, madness.

Very honourable of you, but you seem to forget you left the party because they closed schools in a pandemic situation and it put you and Mrs P out at the time. It was nothing to do with the lying, hands in the till, incompetence and general shithousery that has been going on for the last 10 years of this party
(11-22-2021, 01:41 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Very honourable of you, but you seem to forget you left the party because they closed schools in a pandemic situation and it put you and Mrs P out at the time. It was nothing to do with the lying, hands in the till, incompetence and general shithousery that has been going on for the last 10 years of this party

I left the Party over the damage to my kids' and other kids' education, not that it "put me and Mrs P out".

As for the other issues I'm adult enough to understand that the hands in the till, incompetence and general shithousery of British politics are no worse than most states and far far less damaging than every non-democratic country in the world. The most recent lot have simply been very poor at hiding it - almost as bad as Brown's bribe to Rosyth.
(11-22-2021, 01:51 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 01:41 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

I left the Party over the damage to my kids' and other kids' education, not that it "put me and Mrs P out".

As for the other issues I'm adult enough to understand that the hands in the till, incompetence and general shithousery of British politics are no worse than most states and far far less damaging than every non-democratic country in the world. The most recent lot have simply been very poor at hiding it - almost as bad as Brown's bribe to Rosyth.

You'll have to expand on this one for me