Covid Response Report - It really was't hindsight!
(10-18-2021, 09:31 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Can we just not go the way of so much social media and instead prove that we are different by not calling each other cunts or anything else that reeks of venom and keep our disagreements, if not cordial, then at least civil.

No.  Prryck.
(10-19-2021, 11:24 AM)hudds Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 09:31 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Can we just not go the way of so much social media and instead prove that we are different by not calling each other cunts or anything else that reeks of venom and keep our disagreements, if not cordial, then at least civil.

No.  Prryck.

Thanks.
(10-18-2021, 07:44 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 06:34 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 07:07 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 03:49 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:41 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Yes
Are you able to provide a link form before the 1st lockdown showing this?

Did you even bother to read this part :

The government’s strategy during the first three months of the crisis reflected official scientific advice that widespread infection was inevitable given that testing capacity was limited; that there was no immediate prospect for a vaccine; and the belief that the public wouldn’t accept a lengthy lockdown, the report said. As a result, the government sought merely to manage the spread of the virus, instead of trying to stop it altogether.

The report described this as a “serious early error” that the UK shared with many countries in Europe and North America.

So it seems we were doing the same as most of Europe and the US. Were you  as critical of the WHO?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-57085505

You didn’t specify the 1st lockdown so I answered your question directly.

You have also shown what a one-eyed prick you really are with your inappropriate comments on the death of an MP whilst trying to politicise it to your cause.

I don’t say this often as those on here who debate with me will testify, but in your instance I will make an exception. You sir, are a cunt of the highest order. Now fuck off.

Sorry, i thought what with you being so much more intelligent than a thick as shit leave voter you would understand what the word before would have meant. 

Have you seen the news today? Lots of stories about the online hate and abuse faced by MPs off the back of the MP story, I suppose they are all one eyed pricks as well? I even mentioned it was both sides that were guilty but you have an agenda so as per usual you just took the bits that suited you.
Being lectured by the likes of you when you’ve used the deaths of thousands during the pandemic to grind your own political axe is hypocrisy at its finest.
I’m glad the likes of you think I’m a cunt, I’d be worried if you thought any different as you can tell the class of a man by the company he keeps. 
Heart Heart Heart

You directly linked the stabbing to Brexit within hours of him being stabbed even saying it was the exact opposite of the Jo Cox murder. By anyones standards that is incredibly one-eyed and looking for any angle to shoehorn in your political agenda. And the irony of you then saying 'nuance has been lost' shows how ignorant and incredibly thick you really are.

There is plenty of hate and abuse out there, it just takes a special type of cunt to use a death to promote their own beliefs, and even when your 'exactly the same in reverse' comment is shown to be complete bullshit, you have the brass balls to come out and justify your stance. 

And you'll have to point out where I have used the deaths of thousands to grind my own political axe, or is that another desperate lashing out of a fool who is in too deep and trying to provoke a reaction.

You're a cunt, everyone can see you are, you really should stop digging and step away from the keyboard for a few days. And you'll forgive me for not using any emoji's or love hearts on this subject, I'm not a 16 year old girl.

(10-15-2021, 03:39 PM)Sotv Wrote: I was going to mention i wonder how many of those who regularly spew hate towards the Tories and blamed right wing social media posts for the death of Jo Cox will be willing to admit they have now seen exactly the same in reverse? 
The Brexit debate is a classic example of how all nuance has been lost. How many times do we see some imply brexiteers must be racist or thick or that remainers are somehow traitors to this country? 
You can always tell the weakness of someone if one of the 1st things they do is resort to shouting "Thick as shit" or similar as soon as they see something they disagree with.

Thanks for showing you are unable to read an argument and confirming to me the theory that those who are quickest to call others thick are usually a few bricks short of a hod themselves.
You really have got your frilly little knickers in a twist haven't you my dear?
Meanwhile we finally become world beating at Covid stupidity… 

Nothing to see here, it’s all normal

Meanwhile these poor victims / fweedumb fighters (as some will describe them)  ‘protest’ or more accurately intimidate MPs.
Health Secretary Sajid Javid warns daily cases could reach 100,000 as hospitalisations hit 1,000 a day - but 'Plan B' won't be introduced 'at this time'

Then Jenny Harries refers to the ‘very high death toll’ - that’s the same one Javid just called ‘mercifully low’.

Apparently approximately  1000 deaths per week from Covid is ‘mercifully low… I’m pretty sure a Health Secretary’s job is to keep us safe! Perhaps I’m being old fashioned!