Climate "Science"
(10-11-2021, 04:49 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 03:19 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 12:54 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 12:22 PM)Sotv Wrote: I didn't realise that wind on land was a totally different thing and unrealted to wind on the ocean.

I'm quite surprsed as when i listen to the shippping forecast the days that they predict gales at sea, it seem to coincide with the windy days on land?

Thick as shit  Big Grin

yep, keep on repeating your own insecurites.

Taken me off ignore again have you  Big Grin

Have you not seen the “show this post” button? 

Thick as shit  Big Grin

I love the 'you're on ignore' stance but the need to look at each post, and then admit to having to have peak at each post as well. Living rent free  Big Grin

You really are on a mission to prove how much of a joke you have become
(10-11-2021, 04:40 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I, for one, cannot wait for this phenomenon of it becoming more windy at sea whilst at the same time less windy on land.

I cannot wait for people who clearly have no idea what they're on about as they didn't bother to read past the headline that they've bizarrely formed a strong opinion over stop talking about things they haven't got a clue about.
(10-11-2021, 05:12 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 04:40 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I, for one, cannot wait for this phenomenon of it becoming more windy at sea whilst at the same time less windy on land.

I cannot wait for people who clearly have no idea what they're on about as they didn't bother to read past the headline that they've bizarrely formed a strong opinion over stop talking about things they haven't got a clue about.

Like I said, I cannot wait for this phenomenon. If you're really suggesting that it will get less windy over land whilst at the same time getting more windy over the sea then I feel our conversation on this topic is over.
(10-12-2021, 08:20 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

Like I said, I cannot wait for this phenomenon. If you're really suggesting that it will get less windy over land whilst at the same time getting more windy over the sea then I feel our conversation on this topic is over.

Surely the point is wind is less hindered / dissipated / blocked / resistance at sea than on land. Therefore there will be a difference in the strength of wind on land and sea. 

[Image: ireSRWAf.jpg]

You're not a climatologist, I'm not a climatologist. Neither of us are in a position to critique the work those arguments are based on. However, I can say that average wind speeds over the ocean across the world are not the same thing as inland wind speeds over Europe. So I suggest if you want to be taken seriously with your critique you address the fact that you've not read what was being discussed and how they don't contradict one another.
(10-12-2021, 10:04 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Surely the point is wind is less hindered / dissipated / blocked / resistance at sea than on land. Therefore there will be a difference in the strength of wind on land and sea. 

No Dekka. The "science" has promised me less wind over land and more wind over the sea. Not a greater difference in wind speed between the two, but specifically LESS over and land and MORE over the sea. 

I remember being promised "hotter drier summers" and "warmer wetter winters" by the "science" in previous years. Imagine my surprise that we've had hotter wetter summers and drought conditions in the winter. I suppose they're the results of climate change too.

It's the only "science" where it's possible to have it any way you choose.
(10-12-2021, 01:27 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 10:04 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

No Dekka. The "science" has promised me less wind over land and more wind over the sea. Not a greater difference in wind speed between the two, but specifically LESS over and land and MORE over the sea. 

I remember being promised "hotter drier summers" and "warmer wetter winters" by the "science" in previous years. Imagine my surprise that we've had hotter wetter summers and drought conditions in the winter. I suppose they're the results of climate change too.

It's the only "science" where it's possible to have it any way you choose.

If you accept that wind will dissipate as it hits land then surely the amount not just the strength of wind will also decrease. Twenty miles out to see gusts of wind for a particular weather front maybe strong enough to turn the blades on a turbine and generate electricity but as the same weather front hits the ground and the friction of the land becomes a factor that may make any wind not strong enough to generate electricity.
Thing is, rarely did climatologists make solid predictions, they had models that gave possible outcomes and the media run with them as headlines. Its a Chaotic system with all that entails, tiny changes can lead to massive changes in results, hence models aren't too accurate.

We know the globe is heating up, we can be very sure humans have some effect on why this is occurring quicker than it has before, or at least quicker than artic ice sheets show.

Any predictions are simply possibilities, it is stupid and disingenuous to use their almost inevitable failure as evidence that what we know is happening, isn't happening.
(10-12-2021, 02:30 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: it is stupid and disingenuous to use their almost inevitable failure as evidence that what we know is happening, isn't happening.

Who did that? Not me.

I believe climate change in the UK is a modest and manageable problem which isn't worth the circumstances some people will be plunged into by the current trajectory of our policy.

Climate change is happening, but some of the "science" is actually catastrophic propaganda. The current policy trajectory will affect the way we live, work, travel, relax, eat, drink - everything and everyone. And will have huge impacts on our freedom - such as the throttling of power via smart meters. With heat pumps for instance we'll all be poorer and colder if we adopt them.

The government needs a frank discussion with us. They aren't.
(10-12-2021, 03:43 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 02:30 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: it is stupid and disingenuous to use their almost inevitable failure as evidence that what we know is happening, isn't happening.

Who did that? Not me.

I believe climate change in the UK is a modest and manageable problem which isn't worth the circumstances some people will be plunged into by the current trajectory of our policy.

Climate change is happening, but some of the "science" is actually catastrophic propaganda. The current policy trajectory will affect the way we live, work, travel, relax, eat, drink - everything and everyone. And will have huge impacts on our freedom - such as the throttling of power via smart meters. With heat pumps for instance we'll all be poorer and colder if we adopt them.

The government needs a frank discussion with us. They aren't.

Except you just did.

We do need to cut reliance on fossil fuels, for two reasons, one, the climate and environment, secondly because they aren't limitless, and there probably isn't much left that we can use. Maybe not the next generation, but the next one, will quite probably face a reality where it's all but run out. Why I'm such a proponent of Nuclear Power for the national Grid, gas and coal should not be used for that at all, ever.

I have Smart Meters, no change in anything at all, in fact, it's made it easier to manage my use and has helped me to avoid wasting power.