Brexit Gains 2
If we can’t get the original back.
The UK government are going to legalise the selling off of private data without consent by scrapping GDPR, that's a benefit for advertisers but I'm not sure it is for everyone else...
(08-28-2021, 11:35 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: The UK government are going to legalise the selling off of private data without consent by scrapping GDPR, that's a benefit for advertisers but I'm not sure it is for everyone else...

Who knew that we would start to see an erosion in our rights as time went by?

Here’s Kwarteng with the solution to HGV and other sector shortages.

Get off your bike, slaughter a pig and get in your HGV!
(08-28-2021, 11:35 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: The UK government are going to legalise the selling off of private data without consent by scrapping GDPR, that's a benefit for advertisers but I'm not sure it is for everyone else...

Now that is a benefit and a half. GDPR is a complete and utter pain in the arse - clearly dreamt up by someone who’s never either run a business or work a normal job in their life.
(08-28-2021, 12:15 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

Now that is a benefit and a half. GDPR is a complete and utter pain in the arse - clearly dreamt up by someone who’s never either run a business or work a normal job in their life.

It’s basically means people mining your online data for profit. What could possibly go wrong?

It's a robust data protection act and one of the reasons cited is the removal of cookies which won't happen as the internet isn't localised to the UK.

GDPR isn't an issue at all, I've dealt with it plenty, it's a robust system for the digital age.
Manufacturing
Brexit will be fine. Derek Hardballs will be crying into his sheet with the lyrics of red flag
(08-30-2021, 12:29 AM)Madness Wrote: Brexit will be fine. Derek Hardballs will be crying into his sheet with the lyrics of red flag

“Why are Brexiteers so angry. They were angry, shouty and reactionary before the referendum… and they are still angry, shouty and reactionary.”

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=47 [29\01\2019]

Wrote a person who has started, at least,  44 rants, sorry threads, about Brexit and stuck his oar in numerous others since March 2019.
Obsessed, I’d call it                   and hypocritical.

(08-29-2021, 07:15 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Manufacturing

Strange. Latest figures show that exports to the EU were higher, in June and July 2021, than the corresponding months pre pandemic. They also show we also imported less from the EU and more from other parts of the world.  

Good, independent source you chose there; The London Economic was generally supportive of Jeremy Corbyn. The website took a pro-Remain standpoint on the EU referendum. The London Economic proclaimed itself to predominately appeal to an audience of "young professionals predominately based in London" i.e.  those that consider themselves the Metropolitan elite. In their own words, “ The London Economic (TLE) is a digital newspaper with a genuine London mindset. We support liberal, progressive, pro-European and pro-business viewpoints and look to counter the spread of far-right rhetoric dominating the mainstream media.”   “ As a London newspaper catering for a genuine London mindset we take a pessimistic view of the Brexit process”   (No wonder you read it.)  And as we know the London centric types have the rest of the country's interests at heart, don’t they?