Taking A 1 Year Old Up The Brom
in all seriousness, I'd phone the club and ask if you can use the Disabled section in the SME/Halfords corner, best services I've seen anywhere in the ground. It even has an audio visual centre that he might enjoy. Just getting a ticket in the corner *isn't* strictly enough to go into the disabled part (even though lots of knobs do and block it for those that need it), they give you a wristband on the way in to show at half time, but it all depends on which stewards are there and if they can be arsed.
(08-09-2021, 12:07 PM)aj21 Wrote: If you do it, get some ear defenders and take him the soft play for 6 hours before the match. Hopefully he’ll sleep through

He'd eat the six hours soft play for breakfast, and still be raring to go by match time. Does 3 full days a college (nursery), when he comes home still going till about 8 ish.
(08-09-2021, 12:07 PM)aj21 Wrote: If you do it, get some ear defenders and take him the soft play for 6 hours before the match. Hopefully he’ll sleep through

This. Young kids tend to have much more sensitive hearing that us old'uns and tend not to like the noise.
Unless you can't find babysitting I really wouldn't do it. I can't imagine it'll be anything but hassle and alarming for the kid.

I personally wouldn't take kids to a game until they get to school age. Even then they don't really have the attention span. I took junior when he was about 6 and his sister 8. It was fine when things were going well, but I recall one game it wasn't and things got really moody and the kids wanted to go home.
(08-09-2021, 11:50 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Is this not advisable?

Here's a short run down of applicable information:

He can walk short distances, more adeptly barefoot or in socks, than his MCW Clarkes. He can down 2 bottles of milk effortlessly over a period of a few hours. He doesn't like spontaneous loud noise. 

His favourite words are Dadda and Car, both of which may be utilised on this potential outing. What are the changing facilities like, should he shit himself if Grant scores, I don't want him to catch an eye full of Kit Kat Chunky w@nking off in the toilets to a video of a bint from Wolvo.

He's a big lad for a 1 year old, not quite TBS standards yet, does he need a ticket/his own seat? As I ain't carrying the heavy fugger for 90 minutes.

Daddy would like to see a football match as mommy has fugged off out Saturday. 

All comments and advices welcome.
I was 5 months old in 1953 when I attended my first game, so I'm told. Been hooked ever since, mainly due to my uncle Jack. Thanks uncle.
There's a bloke by us in the Brummie and we've watched his lad grow up from about 18 months to about 8 or 9. My lad used to have to stand on the seats when we were attacking and now he's 6'2" - we didn't start going until he was 7 or 8 though. Personally though I'd leave it a bit.
Nope. Don’t do it.

I used to go up with my kids up the bRom and realised I was being a selfish Cnut and I should have taken them to the local park on the swings and slides instead.

I also wrote to the bRom to question the pricing for very young children seeing as my son would fall asleep in my arms for most of the game and that the pricing was stupid that a 15 year old should pay the same as a 3 year old to get in and that the pricing was deterring single parents from attending with young children. The club never replied.

Anyhow. I realised the errors of my selfish ways and stopped going up the bRom when I had my children until they were older and wanted to go.
I told you I’ll be back
Did you think that you should get a discount for falling asleep during a match?
Pointless taking a one year old to the football. They will be bored, hungry, need the toilet, scared delete as appropriate. They should be running around at that age rather watching others do it, when I say watching I mean generally looking in the direction of the pitch every now and then.
Thoughts on taking a 2 year old.

Is that too young?

Plan was to take him against Millwall, 3 months shy of his 3rd Birthday.