What do we think is actually going on with our managerial hunt?
(06-08-2021, 12:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I still think it'll be Wilder, and logically he's the best choice.

Just can't remove my nagging doubt about him, which has no basis really.

Agree totally - he should be the stand out candidate with his record but I have that same nagging feeling and I’m not sure why. That feeling has also grown the longer it has taken 

Something just doesn’t sit right about it
I'm feeling relatively calm about it but also amused as the England game gets ever closer to kick off and we fear another AFI moment!

Chill your bones, it's gonna be Dave Jones!
(06-08-2021, 12:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I still think it'll be Wilder, and logically he's the best choice.

"No basis" - Although Wilder does appear to be the most likely to be appointed, there are a few things that provide some doubts:
1. Swopping Robinson for Burke
2. I get the impression from those more knowledgeable than me, that player recruitment has been a weakness over the last 12 months or so
3. Sheffield Utd during 2020/21 

Judge Wilder just on the last 12 months, and I don't think he would be in the running?
(06-08-2021, 01:17 PM)ghanaian_baggie Wrote:

"No basis" - Although Wilder does appear to be the most likely to be appointed, there are a few things that provide some doubts:
2. I get the impression from those more knowledgeable than me, that player recruitment has been a weakness over the last 12 months or so

Judge Wilder just on the last 12 months, and I don't think he would be in the running?

1. He couldn't fit Robinson into his team, he thought he could sort Burke, I can understand that.

2. Not a big issue with us overall. He won't have that level of control.

3. His first bad year in his career.
Eeny, meeny, miney, moe will soon take over from Rock, Paper, Scissors that started off as winner takes it to best of 3 and currently on best on 999,999.
滚开赖
(06-08-2021, 01:28 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 01:17 PM)ghanaian_baggie Wrote:

1. He couldn't fit Robinson into his team, he thought he could sort Burke, I can understand that.

2. Not a big issue with us overall. He won't have that level of control.

3. His first bad year in his career.

Add into that he was without Berge for the majority of the season and O’Connell for the whole year and it tells a story - without doubt their two best players last time round.

I have reservations around some of the signings he made - particularly the ability to spent £50m on Mousset, Brewster and McBurnie only for David McGoldrick to start and out score them!!!
(06-08-2021, 11:56 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Is there disagreement amongst the owners / board? Do the Chinese want a name, but the more pragmatic want Wilder given his record to date?

Is Dowling pushing Appleton whereas the powers that be are unconvinced?

Has an outsider come in and blown it wide open with a strong interview? 

Or are we just patiently assessing options, letting the chaotic managerial circuit settle down, awaiting key decision makers to take holidays knowing there’s no real rush and nothing is likely to happen in the transfer market until after the Euros.

Or, do we think Roy may be up for it after he’s had a month or so twiddling his thumbs and avoiding the missus?

All this, in this week’s episode of Soap.

Junior baggies, ask ya parents Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back

I have the same doubts, but I really can’t see a better option that doesn’t carry any more risk. At least we know Wilder is keen, has the credentials (short-term at least), and I think that the earlier he - or anyone for that matter - comes in and begins to prepare for the season it lends to less chance of fallout between manager and board over potential targets and sell-offs. 

Giving up last year and Burke are black marks, but we were convinced enough by Burke to spend a lot of money as well. I wouldn’t let either count against him.

Back to the OP, I do wonder however if we faxed our offer this morning and that’s what broke the internet?
(06-08-2021, 12:30 PM)MrFizz Wrote: We've mislaid the carrier Pigeon. Just trying to fire up the Telegram machine as we speak.......

Does anyone know how to do Morse Code?
(06-08-2021, 01:10 PM)lemon Wrote: I'm feeling relatively calm about it but also amused as the England game gets ever closer to kick off and we fear another AFI moment!

Chill your bones, it's gonna be Dave Jones!

Is Dave Jones bringing in Mickey Dolenz as his assistant?