Sam Johnstone
(06-06-2021, 06:20 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 06:18 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 06:16 PM)wba13 Wrote: We have just witnessed one of the all time great saves from Johnstone, but does he get a mention off the panel on ITV no chance. Been Pickford they would have been all over it like a rash. Why can’t pundits do there job properly but for that save we don’t win.

Lee Dixon was too busy wanking himself into a frenzy over every dive and crap cross Grealish made.

Johnstone was excellent today, and should be ahead of Henderson and Pickford in GS’s thinking but he won’t be.

Playing him over Henderson today does make you wonder if he’s now second choice.

He ought to be, as good a keeper as Henderson is, he’s played less than half of the games in any competition for United and has been consistently dropped for the perennially out of form DDG in any big match. If Henderson can oust DDG, or has the balls to jump ship to another club there’s no reason why he can’t be ahead of SJ again.
(06-06-2021, 06:19 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 06:00 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 04:55 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 04:47 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 04:46 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I hope comes off at half-time. He has his cap, not made any mistakes.

He won't play in The Euros, so get him sold for top dollar.

I doubt anything would affect his value too badly. Clubs interested will have been watching him all season, I doubt anyone is seeing him for the first time tonight.

True Duffers, but there seems to be a view held by some that he can't play in front of a crowd

A view held by the fuckwits who abuse and berate him all game, no doubt.

To be fair this has been blown way out of proportion. I made a post saying that he seemed to have cut out the mistakes since no crowd's have been in the stadium and that, while I hoped it wasn't the case, maybe he would be less confident once fans came back. I've never abused any player, especially not Johnstone who I think has always been relatively decent on the whole.

If people can't see he improved once the fans had gone then they don't watch football.  It's normal to think that the upturn in form could be related to a lack of fans.

All very valid points imo.
(06-06-2021, 06:32 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 06:19 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 06:00 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 04:55 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 04:47 PM)Duffers Wrote: I doubt anything would affect his value too badly. Clubs interested will have been watching him all season, I doubt anyone is seeing him for the first time tonight.

True Duffers, but there seems to be a view held by some that he can't play in front of a crowd

A view held by the fuckwits who abuse and berate him all game, no doubt.

To be fair this has been blown way out of proportion. I made a post saying that he seemed to have cut out the mistakes since no crowd's have been in the stadium and that, while I hoped it wasn't the case, maybe he would be less confident once fans came back. I've never abused any player, especially not Johnstone who I think has always been relatively decent on the whole.

If people can't see he improved once the fans had gone then they don't watch football.  It's normal to think that the upturn in form could be related to a lack of fans.

All very valid points imo.

I personally don’t think no crowds has helped, since being at the Albion all fans were comparing to Foster, he now has shown he is a worthy successor to  { Ben who is for me will always be our best ever keeper } but Sam has been terrific for three years and couldn’t care less what others think he has made save after save over the 3 years, there aren’t many big bloopers he has made and he certainly out does them with the amount of times he has saved us. That’s my opinion on Albions newest England Keeper well done Sam.
It could just be a coincidence. It might not be (‘keepers do have more time to ponder the mood and the crowd reaction to a game in general, and as said above can often be an easy target to home and away fans alike).

Either way it’s been a great season for him and he did very well tonight. Never got on his back at all - in fact I’m very pleased he’s one of the few players we can point to who has improved so much during a shite season.
(06-06-2021, 02:44 PM)Duffers Wrote: Wowsers.

I owe Ziz an apology.

Not really.

He’s full of crap.
(06-06-2021, 09:16 PM)Moore Than Wrote:

I owe Ziz an apology.

Not really.

He’s full of crap.

Whether he’d genuinely heard something or it’s just a case of stopped clock he called this one right to be fair.
(06-06-2021, 09:36 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 09:16 PM)Moore Than Wrote:

I owe Ziz an apology.

Not really.

He’s full of crap.

Whether he’d genuinely heard something or it’s just a case of stopped clock he called this one right to be fair.

Thanks for taking it as good intended banter and being rather fair with me pal!

Life is to too short.

Love always!
(06-06-2021, 03:48 PM)Peachy Wrote: Hoult in his pomp deserved a cap imo.

I agree. I remember England had a friendly v Australia and lots of the usual players were unable (or didn't want) to play so Sven was forced to pick lots of untried players. I thought Hoult was a shoe-in for the squad, just to take a look. Sven, true to form, ignored him, choosing players from London and the NW, the lazy twat. That was the moment I lost interest in England. Tournaments only now.