Ajayi
Sickening. I am sure most on here (if not all?) condemn this outright on any member of any club, and society in general.
Seems it's not just fans and who knew the Macedonian's were Brexiteer's.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/...m-24119494
It seems that social media means far too many no longer even have to go to the trouble of crawling from under their rock.
(05-17-2021, 12:48 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 12:44 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I don't know where its all gone so wrong over the last few years, but it's getting worse it seems.

Oh I think there was a date a few years ago that emboldened this type of behaviour

So, there were never any racists before 2016? 
Let’s have a look a Tatter.
Largest age demographic 25- 30 year olds. ( strange you always blame the oldies for being racist)
Massive increase in use / accounts from 2019.
There has been a massive increase in conspiracy theories and disinformation about  Covid in the last 20 months or so, is that down to June 2016. 
Instagram accounts have more than doubled since 2016. Not surprising the number of nutters using has also gone up.
I would suggest it’s the relative anonymity that your beloved social media gives, which is the cause of the problem. Of course you are entitled to your view that on the 24th June 2016 , millions of Brits woke up and said “I tell you what, we voted to leave the EU, I think I’ll be a racist twat now.”  and how about waiting to find out the full details before jumping to your fixated assumptions. 
And you still maintain it’s leave voters who are constantly angry and won’t give it a rest. 
(05-17-2021, 03:49 PM)JOK Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 12:44 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I don't know where its all gone so wrong over the last few years, but it's getting worse it seems.

Oh I think there was a date a few years ago that emboldened this type of behaviour

Largest age demographic 25- 30 year olds. ( strange you always blame the oldies for being racist)
There has been a massive increase in conspiracy theories and disinformation about  Covid in the last 20 months or so, is that down to June 2016. 
Instagram accounts have more than doubled since 2016. Not surprising the number of nutters using has also gone up.
I would suggest it’s the relative anonymity that your beloved social media gives, which is the cause of the problem. Of course you are entitled to your view that on the 24th June 2016 , millions of Brits woke up and said “I tell you what, we voted to leave the EU, I think I’ll be a racist twat now.”  and how about waiting to find out the full details before jumping to your fixated assumptions. 
And you still maintain it’s leave voters who are constantly angry and won’t give it a rest. 

Rolleyes
(05-17-2021, 03:49 PM)JOK Wrote:

Simplistic view.   The effects, if not of Brexit itself, but of the rhetoric and spin around it have been well recorded.  Or maybe the rise in recorded hate crime following Brexit was just pure coincidence....they do happen?

People havn't become more racist because of Brexit.  Mr Complete Racist was a cunt before Brexit and will remain so regardless of our legal, political and economic ties with the EU but the discourse around it has emboldened many to find a voice, be it behind the anonymity of social media.
It is a bit ignorant to assume that an increase in the reporting and recording of any particular crime automatically represents a commensurate increase in incidence, or even any increase at all, as any GCSE sociology student will tell you.

There were 300 reports of Farage's poster alone. We had the media labelling a manslaughter of a Polish man in Harlow as a hate crime - with certain sections of the media (and even a Labour MEP calling it a Brexit hate crime - when it turned out not to be. But it was on national news - other similar murder/manslaughter incidents are not.

Media banging a drum about any type of crime leads to an increase in reporting.

As for abuse on social media it is highlighted like it never used to be, meaning that the perception of its incodence changes and, sadly, some total clowns are inspired to copy it.

I also find it hilarious when people say that Brexit was motivated by racism when you look at the ethnic composition of the EU institutions, and when we look beyond a failed 1950s model suprastate to the UK being truly global.
I am totally against abuse of any kind. Sadly, a minority will always step over the line. So.... why don’t people who are famous not go on social media or have an account that is private for their family and friends that no one else can see?

My Facebook account is hidden as I’m very selective who I allow access to as I don’t want the world knowing all my business.
I told you I’ll be back
(05-17-2021, 08:37 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I am totally against abuse of any kind. Sadly, a minority will always step over the line.  So.... why don’t people who are famous not go on social media or have an account that is private for their family and friends that no one else can see? 

My Facebook account is hidden as I’m very selective who I allow access to as I don’t want the world knowing all my business.

<spits tea over laptop screen>
(05-17-2021, 08:53 PM)Fido Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 08:37 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I am totally against abuse of any kind. Sadly, a minority will always step over the line.  So.... why don’t people who are famous not go on social media or have an account that is private for their family and friends that no one else can see? 

<spits tea over laptop screen>
Big Grin Big Grin