FA Cup Final fans boo 'the knee'
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot...48167.html

I didn't watch the Final live but didn't hear any on MOTD, was there any? I hope not, particularly not at the showpiece match that the Final is.

As a side issue it always make me laugh if, in the commentary on the gesture, MOTD commentators say the players do it to show that social injustice won't be tolerated. Well, some of those doing it are paid £500k a week so there's at least one social injustice they'll tolerate. (No, that does not mean that footballers can't or shouldn't be anti-racist because of their pay - as role models, they should be. It's merely that the commentators' words when they use that explanation are laughably inaccurate.)
From what I heard there was a little booing but mainly applause.

Why someone would boo a two second anti-racism gesture is beyond me. Says a lot about the people doing it.
It was all a big misunderstanding.

He's behind you.

Oh no he's not.

Oh yes he is...
No, they were saying Boo-urns
(05-16-2021, 09:19 AM)Duffers Wrote: Why someone would boo a two second anti-racism gesture is beyond me. Says a lot about the people doing it.

+1
We like to think we are enlightened, here in the UK, especially ourselves given our pioneering 3 degrees history, but we have more than our share of racists.

Remember those Burnley kn ob heads who flew the white lived banner on the plane?
(05-16-2021, 01:41 PM)Korenavirus Wrote: We like to think we are enlightened, here in the UK, especially ourselves given our pioneering 3 degrees history, but we have more than our share of racists.

Remember those Burnley kn ob heads who flew the white lived banner on the plane?

Indeed.

Plane stupid.
(05-16-2021, 01:55 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 01:41 PM)Korenavirus Wrote: We like to think we are enlightened, here in the UK, especially ourselves given our pioneering 3 degrees history, but we have more than our share of racists.

Indeed.

Plane stupid.

Airheads.
Did it land them in trouble?
(05-16-2021, 02:00 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Did it land them in trouble?

No they winged it and said they got the colour wrong at the banner factory.