The Brits!
(05-12-2021, 11:06 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 08:50 AM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Is anyone else a bit fatigued by being preached at when they just want to escape for a bit and be entertained?

Millionaires going on about the NHS! FFS.

Why, do you think they should just take the view that I'm wealthy now, so fuck the ordinary folks - you know, the ones who've put some of this money in my pocket - turning up at their local A&E.

Oh, and Duffers, get the old man pic out - it's for me this time!
But it is millionaires trying to tell the Government that we are all happoy to pay for more stuff, making spending decisions for us. Thaat's a bit grating.

Irrespective of any political content I am just fed-up of bieng preached at. You can't even escape it with Football Focus or MOTD.

That is NOT to say the issues covered are not worthy of promotion, they are, but just let us be entertained occasionally without being told how to think.
(05-12-2021, 11:06 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 08:50 AM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Is anyone else a bit fatigued by being preached at when they just want to escape for a bit and be entertained?

Millionaires going on about the NHS! FFS.

My woke 17-year-old daughter was lapping it all up as me and Mrs Spandau berated most acts.

To be fair, my daughter doesn't know half the bands. She's quite Indi.

What is notable is how music doesn't have the same communal hold as it did for us who grew up at a time when the likes of Top of the Pops, The Tube and The Whistle Test.

Kids now listen to what they like on their Spotify accounts being funnelled to similar stuff. They don't converse on music either.

The internet has changed things hugely and I guess it's the same with TV- gone are the days when 25m tuned in to see who shot JR.

JR’s been shot???
I don’t see a problem with people using the platforms available to them to air their views. That’s precisely what billions of people around the world are doing every minute of every day via social media. Only difference is that celebrities have much bigger platform than Jim the Bin Man who Tweets “fuck the Tories” to his 50 followers or Joan the Admin Lady who shares EDL propaganda on Facebook. Nobody ever tells them to stick to emptying the bins or filing.

The likes of Dua Lipa and Marcus Rashford have as much right to air their views as anyone, they’re also more capable of connecting with people, especially younger ones, than Johnstone or any other politician.
Fuck the Tories.
(05-12-2021, 12:05 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Fuck the Tories.

That too.
How old are you?
(05-12-2021, 12:03 PM)Duffers Wrote: I don’t see a problem with people using the platforms available to them to air their views. That’s precisely what billions of people around the world are doing every minute of every day via social media. Only difference is that celebrities have much bigger platform than Jim the Bin Man who Tweets “fuck the Tories” to his 50 followers or Joan the Admin Lady who shares EDL propaganda on Facebook. Nobody ever tells them to stick to emptying the bins or filing.

The likes of Dua Lipa and Marcus Rashford have as much right to air their views as anyone, they’re also more capable of connecting with people, especially younger ones, than Johnstone or any other politician.

They do. And I have the right to say that I am fed-up of personal political views on entertainment programmes and also to say that I don't think those views should be on such programmes.
(05-12-2021, 12:17 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 12:03 PM)Duffers Wrote: I don’t see a problem with people using the platforms available to them to air their views. That’s precisely what billions of people around the world are doing every minute of every day via social media. Only difference is that celebrities have much bigger platform than Jim the Bin Man who Tweets “fuck the Tories” to his 50 followers or Joan the Admin Lady who shares EDL propaganda on Facebook. Nobody ever tells them to stick to emptying the bins or filing.

They do. And I have the right to say that I am fed-up of personal political views on entertainment programmes and also to say that I don't think those views should be on such programmes.

A genuine question for you... would you be as annoyed by preachy celebrities if you agreed with the views being preached?

I’m not too proud to admit that if the tables were turned I’d probably be cheesed off with celebrities spouting off right wing views at every opportunity.
(05-12-2021, 12:26 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 12:17 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:

A genuine question for you... would you be as annoyed by preachy celebrities if you agreed with the views being preached?

I’m not too proud to admit that if the tables were turned I’d probably be cheesed off with celebrities spouting off right wing views at every opportunity.
Anyone spouting any kind of slightly right wing views would not get on mainstream T.V. Appalling in my opinion. Left wing is no better than right wing.