Beer gardens
(04-30-2021, 10:40 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 06:40 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 04:05 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: In Alberts Didsbury for first time since September. Top class

Used to live off Burton Road (Central Rd) when I first moved up here. Used to love Alberts after the quiz at the Woodstock, good memories.

Good call - I rented on Central Road for a year or so around 1999

Seems to be the issue with Didsbury and Chorlton. Community is so hard to build and establish as us foreigners come in, rent, invariably get priced out and leave again. I am up near Ramsbottom now. All the bars and restaurants you could want, but got here before the daft house price hike. 

Its crazy that Levenshulme is the new place to buy, when I came up, you avoided Lev, Longsight, Gorton etc like the plague.
No of course smokers have to smoke.But i thought there would be some sort of smoking zone allocated in these gardens.
(04-30-2021, 11:27 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 10:40 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 06:40 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 04:05 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: In Alberts Didsbury for first time since September. Top class

Used to live off Burton Road (Central Rd) when I first moved up here. Used to love Alberts after the quiz at the Woodstock, good memories.

Good call - I rented on Central Road for a year or so around 1999

Seems to be the issue with Didsbury and Chorlton. Community is so hard to build and establish as us foreigners come in, rent, invariably get priced out and leave again. I am up near Ramsbottom now. All the bars and restaurants you could want, but got here before the daft house price hike. 

Its crazy that Levenshulme is the new place to buy, when I came up, you avoided Lev, Longsight, Gorton etc like the plague.

Incredible yes - Levenshulme was colloquially known as Beverley Hills a few years ago.  Gorton still dog-rough

Me and the Mrs went to a wedding in Ramsbottom 2 summers back - great location and some nice independent pubs/bars.
Ramsbottom sounds pretty shitty to be fair.....
(04-30-2021, 12:09 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Ramsbottom sounds pretty shitty to be fair.....

Bottom three anyway, hopefully.