UK Covid death toll
(04-01-2021, 01:27 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: He really doesn't like BFS.

[Image: ExMauY-UcAkzNbu?format=jpg&name=large]

Big Grin
There’s a real juxtaposition between the countries that are really struggling and those with improved statistics. 

Israel, for example, best country in the world from a vaccine perspective, impressive reduction in R. Compare that to rates in Bahrain (also positive vaccination rates), increasing infections. UK stats are currently pretty good, but it does feel like there is another wave incoming... unless vaccinations really are a panacea. 

I feel like we’re heading for another wave. How that translates to hospital admissions is anyone’s guess.
(04-01-2021, 10:42 PM)waffle Wrote: There’s a real juxtaposition between the countries that are really struggling and those with improved statistics. 

Israel, for example, best country in the world from a vaccine perspective, impressive reduction in R. Compare that to rates in Bahrain (also positive vaccination rates), increasing infections. UK stats are currently pretty good, but it does feel like there is another wave incoming... unless vaccinations really are a panacea. 

I feel like we’re heading for another wave. How that translates to hospital admissions is anyone’s guess.

I think this is the main point now to see how effective the vaccine has been. People will still get infected, but having the hospitals at sustainable levels is key.
(04-01-2021, 10:42 PM)waffle Wrote: There’s a real juxtaposition between the countries that are really struggling and those with improved statistics. 

Bahrain are nearly 3 months behind Israel and 2 months behind us to be fair. They massively ramped up their vaccine programme at the end of Feb and into March. They were amidst a surge when they ramped it up. Be interesting to see what happens there though.
This is where ‘let’s get back to normal’ leads to and it won’t end well for the country, its people or President....

A danger to everyone
(04-07-2021, 07:40 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This is where ‘let’s get back to normal’ leads to and it won’t end well for the country, its people or President....

A danger to everyone

That’s actually where letting it run riot for 12 months and not vaccinating anyone gets you...
(04-07-2021, 09:23 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 07:40 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This is where ‘let’s get back to normal’ leads to and it won’t end well for the country, its people or President....

A danger to everyone

That’s actually where letting it run riot for 12 months and not vaccinating anyone gets you...

That's actually where voting for a far right dickhead with a populist platform gets you...
(04-07-2021, 09:23 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

A danger to everyone

Correct Malc. “Let’s get back to normal” if we include good vaccination levels and sensible precautions can be effective and doesn’t necessarily lead you to where Brazil is, despite Dekka’s daft over simplification. I don’t think Florida is like Brazil right now for a start.
I have a colleague in Jacksonville (so north Florida) that I speak to regularly and he says it's getting better but has been a car crash, especially around spring break. The State has had to get extra funding to push out the vaccination programme which is going ok now. Strangely the locals are the opposite of the UK with all adults wanting the vaccination roll out and even pushing to get the kids done as well.
(04-07-2021, 11:32 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I have a colleague in Jacksonville (so north Florida) that I speak to regularly and he says it's getting better but has been a car crash, especially around spring break. The State has had to get extra funding to push out the vaccination programme which is going ok now. Strangely the locals are the opposite of the UK with all adults wanting the vaccination roll out and even pushing to get the kids done as well.

A car crash? Really? I heard spring break was chaos. Not sure about the rest being a car crash.

But the point is, “let’s get back to normal” does not mean Brazil. Apples and pears. Malc’s right, no vaccination and letting it run riot is the root of Brazil’s problems.

Getting back to normal with the vaccine has to be the aim, or I don’t know where we’re going.