Self Defeating Starmer
(03-06-2021, 01:39 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Undrestimate Starmer all you like, he's a clever bloke and in 3 years time the effects of tory decisions will be laid out clearly - brexit, covid mistakes, treatment of nurses, cronyism. And the ace is the sleeve about the subject of the thread is Robert Jenrick and the obvious self serving he has been party to.

I think the reality of the situation is that voters will want to forget the last year or two as quickly as possible and the electoral merit of dragging it all back up would probably backfire.

Essentially voters are craving a dose of optimism and Starmer simply isn't capable of providing that. And he needs to jettison that useless Shadow Chancellor as soon as he can.
Yep anyone but Labour
(03-06-2021, 06:05 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 01:39 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Undrestimate Starmer all you like, he's a clever bloke and in 3 years time the effects of tory decisions will be laid out clearly - brexit, covid mistakes, treatment of nurses, cronyism. And the ace is the sleeve about the subject of the thread is Robert Jenrick and the obvious self serving he has been party to.

I think the reality of the situation is that voters will want to forget the last year or two as quickly as possible and the electoral merit of dragging it all back up would probably backfire.

Essentially voters are craving a dose of optimism and Starmer simply isn't capable of providing that. And he needs to jettison that useless Shadow Chancellor as soon as he can.

Yes he should because Labour always has an easier ride in the media when its listening to its opponents rather than its supporters.

You give no particular reason as to why she is useless, i suspect you don't have one other than she is a labour politician.

Again i am no particular supporter of Dodds, i know very little of her. And this is a problem for those who think superficially, i don't know who she s, she must be useless get rid. It's a ridiculous notion and the idea that a shadow chancellor (of any party) is going to make a big impression with the public when we are still closer to the last GE than the next one and whilst we are in the midst of this pandemic is risible.

Have to say that if Starmer was to sack Dodds, which  don't think he will, for me it would be another question mark as to his competence to lead a major political party.
(03-07-2021, 09:06 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Yes he should because Labour always has an easier ride in the media when its listening to its opponents rather than its supporters.

You give no particular reason as to why she is useless, i suspect you don't have one other than she is a labour politician.

Again i am no particular supporter of Dodds, i know very little of her. And this is a problem for those who think superficially, i don't know who she s, she must be useless get rid. It's a ridiculous notion and the idea that a shadow chancellor (of any party) is going to make a big impression with the public when we are still closer to the last GE than the next one and whilst we are in the midst of this pandemic is risible.

Have to say that if Starmer was to sack Dodds, which  don't think he will, for me it would be another question mark as to his competence to lead a major political party.

She is utterly useless. She never ever answers a question put to her, just goes off at a tangent about some other crime committed by the tories. Rarely or Never offers alternative ideas during an interview after she's just slagged off the opposition. Couldn't bring a single comment of positivity or optimism to her lips when interviewers were discussing how well vaccine programme was going. She is utter shite and any labour mp other than abbot would do a better job of it. It's like Starmer wants to fail because he knows it is an impossible task selling labour to the public again, no matter how crap the current govt are!
(03-12-2021, 12:58 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:

She is utterly useless. She never ever answers a question put to her, just goes off at a tangent about some other crime committed by the tories. Rarely or Never offers alternative ideas during an interview after she's just slagged off the opposition. Couldn't bring a single comment of positivity or optimism to her lips when interviewers were discussing how well vaccine programme was going. She is utter shite and any labour mp other than abbot would do a better job of it. It's like Starmer wants to fail because he knows it is an impossible task selling labour to the public again, no matter how crap the current govt are!

You’re going to have to list all the current cabinet that answer questions and what is better since 2010...
(03-12-2021, 02:41 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

You’re going to have to list all the current cabinet that answer questions and what is better since 2010...

No I'm not! We are all well aware of politicians ability or in reality  - their inability to answer questions, but she takes it to the next level!
(03-12-2021, 03:17 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 06:05 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I think the reality of the situation is that voters will want to forget the last year or two as quickly as possible and the electoral merit of dragging it all back up would probably backfire.

No I'm not! We are all well aware of politicians ability or in reality  - their inability to answer questions, but she takes it to the next level!

You’re really not paying attention to the current cabinet if you think she’s the worst. I will assume bugger all is better then.
(03-06-2021, 02:48 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 01:39 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 01:19 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: He's not doing very well. Should be an open goal vs Bumbling Boris. But Starmer coming across like the lawyer he is. Insincere.

You'd be surprised CIM, I've never pushed my politics onto my family who have always made their own choices on voting. Most of them have said that the nurses 1% is the last straw for them and won't be voting tory again.

Starmer is highlighting when it happens the cronyism and failures of the government. Polls mean fuck all at the moment and will be based on the current feel good factor of the vaccines, but when the time comes to remind everyone of the points made in totality then Boris or whoever is running the show will be looking at voters who will be saying 'oh yeah I remember that'. 

Undrestimate Starmer all you like, he's a clever bloke and in 3 years time the effects of tory decisions will be laid out clearly - brexit, covid mistakes, treatment of nurses, cronyism. And the ace is the sleeve about the subject of the thread is Robert Jenrick and the obvious self serving he has been party to.

No doubts hes a clever bloke. A very good lawyer. But like Blair I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Boris likewise.

Starmer was a dreadful DPP.

Whatever else you may think about Boris he’s played a blinder on vaccines. I had a business call with Germany this week and they are not happy with the way it’s going there and envious of how advanced we are.
(03-12-2021, 12:58 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: She is utterly useless. She never ever answers a question put to her, just goes off at a tangent about some other crime committed by the tories. Rarely or Never offers alternative ideas during an interview after she's just slagged off the opposition. Couldn't bring a single comment of positivity or optimism to her lips when interviewers were discussing how well vaccine programme was going. She is utter shite and any labour mp other than abbot would do a better job of it. It's like Starmer wants to fail because he knows it is an impossible task selling labour to the public again, no matter how crap the current govt are!

Isn’t that a perfect example of that famous  ‘Whataboutary’ you’re  always criticising?
He's a clever bloke, is he, Baggy1?

We were told the Tories feared this great, 'forensic' sharp mind.

We got a 4th rate middle-manager reading from a ring binder saying "What the Prime Minister should have done..." when he can't even make a decision which way to vote on all the bills he's abstained on.

If Labour doesn't improve in the forthcoming locals, patience will start to wear thin even amongst the 'moderate; Labour MPs.